Dakota model 10 re-barrel question

Big Al

AH member
Joined
Jan 30, 2024
Messages
16
Reaction score
5
Location
San Francisco Ca
I would like to re-barrel a custom, practically new Datota model 10 rifle in .405 Winchester? I would like a more comon caliber. Since Dakota Arms no longer in business, who would be my best bet? Thank You.
1000012168.jpg
 
Approx $2000 would be my guess, depending on if you want sights or not.
 
I emailed Parkwest recently about rebarreling a Dakota 10 and got a very nice, very quick reply “yes we can, yes we will! What caliber do you have and what do you want it to be?”

My response hasn’t been replied to yet, but I figured with DSC and Shot Show they’ve been busy. Plus I’m not in a hurry either.

Good luck, let us know how it goes!
 
Very nice rifle. Probably not the answer you want, but you’d likely be money ahead selling it and buying one in the caliber you desire.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,259
Messages
1,570,055
Members
168,825
Latest member
cingnanewzeu1983
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top