CZ 550 MAGNUM in .416 Rigby

Sagarua

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hi all,

I would like to asked you for comments and advice. I have opportunity to buy CZ 550 MAGNUM in .416 Rigby. Rifle was made in 1999, bought new and used couple of times in Africa (2 or 3 hunting trips). Guy who sales it already got another rifle in big bore caliber. This is his granddads rifle who recently past away. He sales rifle, dies for reloading, empty cases and bullets. All this for 1500€. What do you means, is it worthy of this money? I am not a reloader, have to learn something new. Thank you for your responding.

CZ 550 416 Rigby bolt action.jpg
CZ 550 416 Rigby caliber.jpg
CZ 550 416 Rigby dies.jpg
CZ 550 416 Rigby empty cases.jpg
CZ 550 416 Rigby rear sight.jpg
CZ 550 416 Rigby rifle barrel.jpg
CZ 550 416 Rigby rifle1.jpg
CZ 550 416 Rigby rifle2.jpg
CZ 550 416 Rigby rifling.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Bell & Carlson Inc 101 Allen Rd, Dodge City, KS 67801, USA
I'll be in Houston, TX at the end of September this year, I'll try to check it out. I hope there won't be a problem with transportation, I'm thinking of airplane transportation.

I'll be in Houston, TX at the end of September this year, I'll try to check it out. I hope there won't be a problem with transportation, I'm thinking of airplane transportation.
Not sure I understand.

Where are you and where is the rifle? If the rifle is in the US and you are trying to export it to another country, there will be a little bit of paperwork (sarcasm because it will be a lot of paperwork) needed to get that done along with additional charges.

I am from Europe.

Not sure I understand.

Where are you and where is the rifle? If the rifle is in the US and you are trying to export it to another country, there will be a little bit of paperwork (sarcasm because it will be a lot of paperwork) needed to get that done along with additional charges.
I am from Europe and rifle is in Europe.

Go for it. Scope purchase in USA should be no problem as long as you can find one.
Good luck.

It should be the right one to withstand big recoil from .416 Rigby

I did some work on one of them for a customer, bedded the action and the barrel recoil lug, fitted a new recoil pad (29mm thick) and fitted a pad angle wedge( to change how it sits on the shoulder) and fitted a swaro Z3 scope to it, relieved the barrel channel a little bit more and the back of the action fit to the stock. It also had a single set trigger (on a big bore hunting rifle.......Why?? )that I adjusted the set out of and removed the associated creep, bore sighted and zeroed for 75yards. Beautiful gun to shoot. If you can afford to buy it, do so, you won’t regret it.
gumpy

Buy it...get the synthetic stock...just put it in your checked bag..no probs...brought my one for my 500 jeff back that way...this is my 416 with the factory synthetic stock...was in storage in UK at pauls along with a few other rifles which I at last had shipped to zambia just before Christmas...we been out shooting a few including this over last couple of days....its great to shoot....you will enjoy it ..sorry can't load photos....our sat wifi is playing up and can't load photos onto here these days.....Will do when get back to lusaka....

Last edited:
I did some work on one of them for a customer, bedded the action and the barrel recoil lug, fitted a new recoil pad (29mm thick) and fitted a pad angle wedge( to change how it sits on the shoulder) and fitted a swaro Z3 scope to it, relieved the barrel channel a little bit more and the back of the action fit to the stock. It also had a single set trigger (on a big bore hunting rifle.......Why?? )that I adjusted the set out of and removed the associated creep, bore sighted and zeroed for 75yards. Beautiful gun to shoot. If you can afford to buy it, do so, you won’t regret it.
gumpy
I like all my guns to be steel and wood, only my Springfield XDM(HS) is polymer. Synthetic stock sounds like less work in this case. The current price of the Bell & Carlson polymer stock on their website is $340. I suppose it's a cheaper and quicker option than a wood stock tune. Yes, it loses the hystorical and classic value and look of the overall impression. Thank you for describing all the steps required to fine tune the wooden stock and the overall functionality of this gun. I have a gunsmith who could make this happen.

Buy it...get the synthetic stock...just put it in your checked bag..no probs...brought my one for my 500 jeff back that way...this is my 416 with the factory synthetic stock...was in storage in UK at pauls along with a few other rifles which I at last had shipped to zambia just before Christmas...we been out shooting a few including this over last couple of days....its great to shoot....you will enjoy it ..sorry can't load photos....our sat wifi is playing up and can't load photos onto here these days.....Will do when get back to lusaka....
Thank you, I'm curious to see pictures of your rifle. I'll get a sample of what it should look like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClintHeadr

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.