Cutting edge 458 win mag data

Twisted

New member
Joined
May 14, 2024
Messages
9
Reaction score
8
Hello everyone I’m new to the group and hate to ask a question that’s been asked 100 times but I’m new and not really tech savvy. I just bought an unfired Winchester super express in 458 Winchester magnum made in 1981. I ordered some cutting edge 450 grain flat nose bullets and im searching for load data. What I have shows 3.310” as suggested oal and I have H322, 3031, 4064, 748, and other suggested powders. Any help appreciated. I’m going to shoot some hornady 3-350 for plinking and have data for those bullets.
 
CEB will send you load data if you email them with the request. They've provided me with probably 10 cartridges worth of data and usually within a day or two of emailing them. info@cuttingedgebullets.com
 
you might also reach out to @michael458, he has done some serious testing of CEB's in the 458.
 
What loads did you land on? I’m just starting my process from exactly the same spot. Picked up 75 450gr CEB solids and a m70 in 458
 
I am going to run the CEB 420 Raptor on top followed by the 400 Safari Solid with 80 gr of AA2230 at 2400fps should put the hurt on.
 
Thanks mostly trying to find out what the best powder is, I normally load for totally different type of cartridges so I have h1000, N570, 4831. So I’m starting from zero with these lower pressure rounds.

Also why the 400 not the 450 in a 458wm
 
AA2230 is a very good powder for the 458 giving higher velocity especially when loading the cartridge longer than factory, also Benchmark is a very good powder. the reason I am not using the 450 is that in my CZ55 with a 19" barrel I get the same point of impact at 25 and 50 yards and the 400 will give outstanding penetration and higher velocity than the 450. also I have some long nose preproduction 400 CEB bullets to see how they work on Buff. what rifle are you using?
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,308
Messages
1,572,364
Members
169,543
Latest member
BarneyBroc
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top