Custom 404 Jeffery

Scope does not come with it
Scope hoarders can be frustrating

so you say it’s accurate? Yes.
And sighted in with that scope? Yes.
and that’s the ballistic cam for this rifle/load? Yes.
Can I buy the scope with the rifle? No.

Scope hoarders can be frustrating

so you say it’s accurate? Yes.
And sighted in with that scope? Yes.
and that’s the ballistic cam for this rifle/load? Yes.
Can I buy the scope with the rifle? No.
It is not my rifle. I am not looking to buy a 404 jeff. I have nothing to do with the seller. I was just informing the OP.
KRISH

You're right and I hadn't read the "fine print" the first time but still, why put a up a photo specific to the scope brand if it's not for sale?
I've burned through my gun budget and then some recently so it's beyond my reach anyway...I just thought it strange.
Thank you for pointing it out.
It is not my rifle. I am not looking to buy a 404 jeff. I have nothing to do with the seller. I was just informing the OP.
Krish

My opionion? Keep looking and save your money.
Krish

Krish
I never thought you did. (y)(y)

Reactions: RTG
KRISH
No worries, I knew you were just helping out.

A .404 Jeff deserves a magnum Mauser action with a dropped floor plate and larger magazine. And a shorter barrel... for my tastes I would cut 3" off the barrel.

Hard to say what was done with the magazine, rails, etc. to ensure 100% reliable feeding for various bullet types. If it doesn't feed reliably I would walk away.

I'd order a new Dakota 76 for slightly more money. I spoke with the new owners at DSC, and it's the same people making them as before. Just a different name.
Or....if you really want a nice rifle, don't mind it being on the heavy side, and don't mind paying $12K, I'd get a Heym.

I have a Dangerus Game Rifle in 404Jeffery. My "Jeffery" was built on a standard length 98 Mauser action. Barrel length 26" by Lothar Walther, stock walnut, scope MeoPro 3-9x42, magazine box of 3 cartridges. This rifle has second barrel (24") in calibre 375 H&H Mag.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you