Crispi Hunting Boots?

I have the Nevada and Wyoming. Love them both. I have three hard seasons on each pair and they have no major flaws after that time. They have some noticible wear but all seams and materials have held up as well or better than anything else I’ve owned. I would say they are about as stiff as Lowas, but less stiff than Kennetreks. If they fit your foot shape, you can’t go wrong.
Do you keep up with maintenance on them pretty regularly?

I hadn't heard of Crispi before, so I checked them out on the web. They look great and are recommended by people I trust...like the posters here. Unfortunately, there isn't a retailer anywhere near me or I'd go try on a pair. I have really bad feet and I'm always looking for comfortable, supportive boots.
I think a lot of boots are too heavy, bulky and stiff for Africa. They are absolutely needed when chasing elk out West in often wet and cold conditions and of course for sheep and goats anywhere. The last couple of trips to Africa, I've worn extremely light, kinda minimalist boots. The places I've been don't present much in the way of mountaineering and of course I'm not wearing a pack. I've been wearing a pair of Lems Boulder boots and plan to wear them in Zimbabwe soon. The pair weighs 10 ounces which is incredibly light. They have a pliable sole that can even be folded in half...the toe stuck into the heel. The uppers are cordura, and have worn well while I've had them the last year. They are NOT for extended treks on rocky terrain, but I think they'll do well in Africa. I'll let you all know when I'm back.

I use nikwax spray on cordura/canvas type boots and snowseal paste on all leather boots. Maybe once a year in the hot sun so the product soaks in really well.

Personal preference for fit or have you had quality issues? I’ve had a pair of the Lowa Renegade that I got for an Africa hunt and light-duty hunting in Alaska, but they were so comfortable that I switched them over to everyday wear in at the office. Great boots.
I had the same problem. Found myself working everyday in the Lowas. The Crispis were some show special and were not made right. That is not to say this is typical and i would not hesitate to buy from them again. I made the decision on the Lowas at SCI convention based on the lightweight and the fact that you can get narrow width. I am a fan!
Philip

I’ve too worn Lowa. The pair I had was a lightweight waterproof hiker, very little leather lots of synthetic. I don’t recall the model. Very comfortable. They fell apart in 6 months, and I am not particularly hard on shoes. I suspect their more sturdy models last just fine.

Crispi/Lowa/Asolo are the only hunting boots I wear.

For my feet, they feel great; nice heel support and toe box.

Put a set of SheepFeet insoles and get to it!

Ive had some and prefer Lowas
And to all others,
You just need boots that suit you or your foot.

There are many great brands but it's not one size fits all.

I like the treadmill idea, if only I found motivation to get on mine.

And to all others,
You just need boots that suit you or your foot.

There are many great brands but it's not one size fits all.

I like the treadmill idea, if only I found motivation to get on mine.
Very true. What works for me may not work for others. It is a good idea to start with the top brands like Kenetrek, Lowa, Crispi and go from there.
Additionally I am going to gravitate to those who have booths at and support the SCI Convention. Plus that is where I’ll do some shopping!

Damaging well made boots can be as upsetting as when damaging a rifle. This I know from experience.

I have had my Crispi boots for nearly two years now. I wore them on a 21 day hunt in Tanzania. First time I have not ever had issues with my feet on a hunt. I have also worn them deer hunting. I have had them in the snow, mud, rain, doing yard work, etc. I even wore them to the mall of America on a shopping trip!
On a previous post, I stated that I have not been kind to my feet over the years. I have also had many feet and ankle injuries. I am glad we have options since what works for one may not work for others, however they are my favorite, hands down!

Land surveyor for 18 years. Have worn Crispi,Lowa and Kennatrek plus many others. All good boots but my go to boots for last 10 years are Selewa.

run the Crispi Thor 2's all year round.
Thin wool socks in Texas summer.
Add a liner for September Colorado.
Add a heavy wool sock for November & December.
Overboots when glassing in sub 0 temps.

Which Selewa model?

Land surveyor for 18 years. Have worn Crispi,Lowa and Kennatrek plus many others. All good boots but my go to boots for last 10 years are Selewa.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlineDu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross