AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
U.S., South Africa
I’ve been in need of a new pair of hunting boots, so while at my local Sportman’s Warehouse today I took a look at their selection and saw that they had Crispi boots, which is a new brand to me. I tried on a pair of their boots (the Skarven GTX) and was incredibly impressed with the extreme comfort and excellent ankle support. I have been using Lowa’s of late, which are certainly no slouches in the quality and comfort categories, but these Crispi’s take the cake for comfort in my opinion. Does anyone on here have experience with Crispi boots? They seem like a quality product, but I’d be interested on knowing how they do in real world conditions and whether anyone has had issues with them. Thanks in advance!

Frog

My wife and I bought Crispi boots a few years ago at DSC. They are very comfortable boots. We have used them in Texas, Scotland and Montana. Ours have held up great and appear "like new", but I am one of those strange creatures that conducts maintenance on all of his kit. Most of the European style hiking boots feel like I am wearing medical walking boots, but the Crispis have a really good broken in feel vs the stiff feel of the others.

I own a pair of the Valdres that I wear for work boots and also a pair of the Hunters. The Valdres are going on their 4th year. They fit me perfectly. I have low volume feet. They don’t fit everyone, so like any boot try them on or deal with a place that will let you return them.

I have heard nothing but great things about them from guys that hunt our West Texas mountain/desert areas. Well nothing but good things except the price :oops:

I have three pair of them, I love them. Great boots.

Like gbflyer said, buy from a place that allows returns. I test new boots by getting on the treadmill for a few miles and adjusting speeds and incline. Doesn't mess up the boots so you can return them easily. I know real quick if the boot is for me or not. A good quality boot that fits properly does not need a lot of break in miles.

My wife and I bought Crispi boots a few years ago at DSC. They are very comfortable boots. We have used them in Texas, Scotland and Montana. Ours have held up great and appear "like new", but I am one of those strange creatures that conducts maintenance on all of his kit. Most of the European style hiking boots feel like I am wearing medical walking boots, but the Crispis have a really good broken in feel vs the stiff feel of the others.
I own a pair of the Valdres that I wear for work boots and also a pair of the Hunters. The Valdres are going on their 4th year. They fit me perfectly. I have low volume feet. They don’t fit everyone, so like any boot try them on or deal with a place that will let you return them.
I have heard nothing but great things about them from guys that hunt our West Texas mountain/desert areas. Well nothing but good things except the price :oops:
I have three pair of them, I love them. Great boots.
Like gbflyer said, buy from a place that allows returns. I test new boots by getting on the treadmill for a few miles and adjusting speeds and incline. Doesn't mess up the boots so you can return them easily. I know real quick if the boot is for me or not. A good quality boot that fits properly does not need a lot of break in miles.
Thank you for the input on this everyone, and great idea on the returns and treadmill! They sure feel nice to me, although like you said @buck wild, everything but the price. ;)
Has anyone run them through really wet weather? I’ll be hunting Kodiak in October this year and intend to use them then. As they are Gore-Tex I assume they’ll do well. . . .

Thank you for the input on this everyone, and great idea on the returns and treadmill! They sure feel nice to me, although like you said @buck wild, everything but the price. ;)
Has anyone run them through really wet weather? I’ll be hunting Kodiak in October this year and intend to use them then. As they are Gore-Tex I assume they’ll do well. . . .

I live in SE Alaska. 90 inches of rain plus per year. My Hunters are still mostly dry. The Valdres are starting to seep just a bit if I’m standing in water for awhile. Been my experience that all Gore products eventually leak here.

I picked up a pair of Crispi Thors last year for a MT elk hunt. Started using them in the spring training for my hunt and they performed great. Still use them for hiking this year. Alittle stiffer than what I was used to but I would not use anything else for trail hiking and western hunting. I will say the tread performs great on rocks and dirt but not as well on lose leaves like in eastern timber in the fall.

Love my Crispi Colorado's - Fit is very nice and very comfortable to my feet. If you like more flex or stiffer each boot is rated in 'Flex' on their website.
Just make sure you pair with the socks you will be wearing. Black Ovis has some good videos about some of the different flavors on their website.

I have the Nevada and Wyoming. Love them both. I have three hard seasons on each pair and they have no major flaws after that time. They have some noticible wear but all seams and materials have held up as well or better than anything else I’ve owned. I would say they are about as stiff as Lowas, but less stiff than Kennetreks. If they fit your foot shape, you can’t go wrong.

So, I just recently got my first pair of Crispi boots. They are Colorados. I had not worn them before. I talked to the guy at scheels about them for quite sometime and he had nothing but great things to say about them and he was a hunter as well and he put insoles in mine that had a perfect arch support and they are so ridiculously comfortable!!! I am glad to read positive things about them. I started breaking mine in around the house and out doing yard work.
@Frog Morton ,thanks for starting this thread and thanks to those sharing input on them!

I agree, they are more expensive than other brands. The guy at scheels was quite helpful and he has foot problems and showed me the insoles he uses. He knew his stuff for sure! I have not been kind to my feet over the years between all the years of wearing 3-4" heels during my corporate life and then being a nurse and running around on hospital floors for 13 or 14 hours a day. I was out for a really fun and overdue "girls day out" the other day and was told by a brilliant lady that I adore "your feet are your foundation and you HAVE to have a good foundation and you have to take care of your feet!"
She is 77 and just recently retired and she could run and work circles around people half her age easy. I guess I had to run around the block to make my point that there are times you get what you pay for. And I was told I could return them if I didn't love them. But I do so I'm keeping them. :giggle: (y)

Ive had some and prefer Lowas

Ive had some and prefer Lowas
Personal preference for fit or have you had quality issues? I’ve had a pair of the Lowa Renegade that I got for an Africa hunt and light-duty hunting in Alaska, but they were so comfortable that I switched them over to everyday wear in at the office. Great boots.

So, I just recently got my first pair of Crispi boots. They are Colorados. I had not worn them before. I talked to the guy at scheels about them for quite sometime and he had nothing but great things to say about them and he was a hunter as well and he put insoles in mine that had a perfect arch support and they are so ridiculously comfortable!!! I am glad to read positive things about them. I started breaking mine in around the house and out doing yard work.
@Frog Morton ,thanks for starting this thread and thanks to those sharing input on them!
I agree, they are more expensive than other brands. The guy at scheels was quite helpful and he has foot problems and showed me the insoles he uses. He knew his stuff for sure! I have not been kind to my feet over the years between all the years of wearing 3-4" heels during my corporate life and then being a nurse and running around on hospital floors for 13 or 14 hours a day. I was out for a really fun and overdue "girls day out" the other day and was told by a brilliant lady that I adore "your feet are your foundation and you HAVE to have a good foundation and you have to take care of your feet!"
She is 77 and just recently retired and she could run and work circles around people half her age easy. I guess I had to run around the block to make my point that there are times you get what you pay for. And I was told I could return them if I didn't love them. But I do so I'm keeping them. :giggle: (y)
Thanks for sharing and I appreciate the info! Good footwear really is so important and can sure make the difference in enjoyment of a long hunt. Investing in good boots really does pay off!

Love my Crispi Colorado's - Fit is very nice and very comfortable to my feet. If you like more flex or stiffer each boot is rated in 'Flex' on their website.
Just make sure you pair with the socks you will be wearing. Black Ovis has some good videos about some of the different flavors on their website.
Thanks for the tip off regarding the videos on Black Ovis - those were helpful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MckinleySv

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.