Crate has cleared customs

That's a lot of mounts....good luck finding a place to place them all!
Your not kidding, some of them may need to go to the cabin with my North American mounts.
 
Good looking stuff. I love that lechwe.
 
  • Like
Reactions: cls
Very nice!
 
  • Like
Reactions: cls
Congratulations. Always a highly anticipated time! Glad you’re pleased
 
  • Like
Reactions: cls
The first thing out of the crate, springbok slam pedestal mount. Pretty happy with the way it turned out. for some reason my wife tells me I can't leave it in the dining room.View attachment 207561

Darn wives they always start that crap as some as the lid comes off the crate.
IMG_2419.JPG


By golly you just put your foot down! My bushbuck is in the dinning room!
Show your wife that it's perfectly acceptable!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:(y)
 
Your springbuck slam mount looks outstanding!
 
  • Like
Reactions: cls
The hell with Halloween, you got Christmas in October! :A Banana: Everything look
great!
 
  • Like
Reactions: cls
IMG_20171025_192324.jpg
Managed to hang the mountain reed buck. Still trying to figure out where to put the rest. I had an idea where they would go before they arrived but.... not so much now.
 
Cool, I like the bushbuck and reedbuck combo on the corner like that!
 
Congrats, it always feels good to unpack the crate and see nothing damaged!
 
  • Like
Reactions: cls
Beautiful mount. Those are both stud Kudu. Very nice.
 
  • Like
Reactions: cls
They are looking good as you get them in place. Looked to have been packed well to

Who did the mounting for you? If I missed it I am sorry I did not see you mention who did the work.
 
Wow they were packed well.... Sorry I can't say the same for the shipment I received from Africa Wildlife Artistry.

I really like the half mounts, especially the bit of habitat they are standing on. Nice little extra;) They did an extra great job on the rocks under the mountain reedbuck.
 
Who did the mounting for you? If I missed it I am sorry I did not see you mention who did the work.
The taxidermy work was done by Splitting Image in Port Elizabeth, they were recommended by my outfitter, who had explained to me his process for vetting potential taxidermists. We toured their facility after the hunt and was first impressed that they would open up their facility to us on a holiday, Doug and Bryan were there to meet us and explain the process from receiving the hides and horns to mounting. I received monthly progress reports as well as pictures during the various stages of completion, if I required more pictures they sent them. I wanted to make sure that I received the animals that I dropped off, last time I ended up with a Nyala that wasn't mine (horns or cape) from a different taxidermist in Limpopo. My PH also dropped by the shop occasionally to update me on the progress. If I had issues they were addressed immediately. Everything went very smoothly. Crating was also a concern of mine as the last shipment I had received from a different taxidermist had some issues with major rubbing. Delivery was also excellent, less than a full year from the time they were dropped off to ready for shipping. I had 13 trophies done, shoulder mounts, pedestal mount, wall pedestals to half mounts, I would use Splitting Image again.
 
I really like the half mounts, especially the bit of habitat they are standing on. Nice little extra;) They did an extra great job on the rocks under the mountain reedbuck.
Thanks @ActionBob They also built the pedestal for the springbok slam, I asked them to make the pedestal similar to the old rock fence posts that are prevalent on the Karoo.
IMG_3464.JPG
 
Beautiful mounts. Thanks for sharing.
 
  • Like
Reactions: cls

Forum statistics

Threads
70,351
Messages
1,573,802
Members
169,856
Latest member
uspaclaims
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top