Crate has cleared customs

That's a lot of mounts....good luck finding a place to place them all!
Your not kidding, some of them may need to go to the cabin with my North American mounts.

Good looking stuff. I love that lechwe.

Reactions: cls
Very nice!

Congratulations. Always a highly anticipated time! Glad you’re pleased

The first thing out of the crate, springbok slam pedestal mount. Pretty happy with the way it turned out. for some reason my wife tells me I can't leave it in the dining room.View attachment 207561

Darn wives they always start that crap as some as the lid comes off the crate.
IMG_2419.JPG

By golly you just put your foot down! My bushbuck is in the dinning room!
Show your wife that it's perfectly acceptable!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:(y)

Your springbuck slam mount looks outstanding!

The hell with Halloween, you got Christmas in October! :A Banana: Everything look
great!

IMG_20171025_192324.jpg
Managed to hang the mountain reed buck. Still trying to figure out where to put the rest. I had an idea where they would go before they arrived but.... not so much now.

Cool, I like the bushbuck and reedbuck combo on the corner like that!

Congrats, it always feels good to unpack the crate and see nothing damaged!

Beautiful mount. Those are both stud Kudu. Very nice.

They are looking good as you get them in place. Looked to have been packed well to

Who did the mounting for you? If I missed it I am sorry I did not see you mention who did the work.

Wow they were packed well.... Sorry I can't say the same for the shipment I received from Africa Wildlife Artistry.

I really like the half mounts, especially the bit of habitat they are standing on. Nice little extra;) They did an extra great job on the rocks under the mountain reedbuck.

Who did the mounting for you? If I missed it I am sorry I did not see you mention who did the work.
The taxidermy work was done by Splitting Image in Port Elizabeth, they were recommended by my outfitter, who had explained to me his process for vetting potential taxidermists. We toured their facility after the hunt and was first impressed that they would open up their facility to us on a holiday, Doug and Bryan were there to meet us and explain the process from receiving the hides and horns to mounting. I received monthly progress reports as well as pictures during the various stages of completion, if I required more pictures they sent them. I wanted to make sure that I received the animals that I dropped off, last time I ended up with a Nyala that wasn't mine (horns or cape) from a different taxidermist in Limpopo. My PH also dropped by the shop occasionally to update me on the progress. If I had issues they were addressed immediately. Everything went very smoothly. Crating was also a concern of mine as the last shipment I had received from a different taxidermist had some issues with major rubbing. Delivery was also excellent, less than a full year from the time they were dropped off to ready for shipping. I had 13 trophies done, shoulder mounts, pedestal mount, wall pedestals to half mounts, I would use Splitting Image again.

I really like the half mounts, especially the bit of habitat they are standing on. Nice little extra;) They did an extra great job on the rocks under the mountain reedbuck.
Thanks @ActionBob They also built the pedestal for the springbok slam, I asked them to make the pedestal similar to the old rock fence posts that are prevalent on the Karoo.
IMG_3464.JPG

Beautiful mounts. Thanks for sharing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Donnie58Q

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!