Covid testing to End, Arrivals USA

We flew back yesterday on Qatar. We did the home test over the internet at Africa Sky. We should the results to get in the Qatar check-in line and nobody asked about it after that. They just told us to keep it handy in case anyone asks. We had to wear our masks in the Doha airport but during the flights, nobody seemed to care.

FYI: I have heard a lot of talk about DFW being difficult when you return with firearms. We had no difficulties at all. We got the big X on out Global Entry receipt and the CBP officer at immigration asked if we know why we got the X. I said we are returning with our rifles. He asked for our passports and placed them in a plastic box and said go to line 2 of customs after we get all of our luggage. Then he asked did we have a good hunt. He did ask if we brought back any brass or ammo (as did Qatar several times). When I replied "no", the CBP officer stated words to the effect of "thanks, this makes it so much easier to screen..." Qatar made similar statements during check in.

After recovering our luggage, one of the airport luggage contractors put our rifle case on a cart and asked for us to follow him. We arrived at customs, the officer asked to see our 4457's and told me to just pull the rifles out far enough for him to see the serial numbers. Again, I was asked did we have a good hunt. This process took about 5 minutes, if that.

Everyone at CBP and Qatar was very pleasant and professional. We experienced no issues at all.

Safe travels
 
A little off topic, but you mentioned brass and ammunition. My understanding is that one is not permitted to leave unexpended ammunition behind in South Africa and I assume other Hunting destinations inAfrica. Am I misinformed?
 
A little off topic, but you mentioned brass and ammunition. My understanding is that one is not permitted to leave unexpended ammunition behind in South Africa and I assume other Hunting destinations inAfrica. Am I misinformed?
Who’s going to know how many shots you fired?
 
Yay no tests for my trip to/from Zambia in July! Well, unless something changes!
 
N
A little off topic, but you mentioned brass and ammunition. My understanding is that one is not permitted to leave unexpended ammunition behind in South Africa and I assume other Hunting destinations inAfrica. Am I misinformed?
No, you are correct. I have had my rounds counted coming and going but other times, not at all. It depends on the country and who is working that day. I think it could be problematic to leave all your ammo behind but you could probably get by with leaving some for your PH.
 
Two weeks ago Biden himself stated that most likely masks would be required soon as it was "surging" again... and our elections are just around the corner.

This is probably a move to eliminate Title 42.

When everything is political there is no science.
 
Two weeks ago Biden himself stated that most likely masks would be required soon as it was "surging" again... and our elections are just around the corner.

This is probably a move to eliminate Title 42.

When everything is political there is no science.
Ya think! See post #9
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,330
Messages
1,573,191
Members
169,722
Latest member
Gahdnaeet
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top