AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA (life), DSC, SCI, RMEF
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Scotland, US (Oklahoma, Arkansas, Missouri, Texas, Wyoming, New Mexico, Colorado)
Courteney Safari boots, Size UK 11, US 12

These are brand new - they have only been worn for about 30 seconds in my house (long enough for me to realize I ordered the wrong size). I ordered them directly from Courteney in Zim and rather than deal with shipping them back I thought I'd see if someone on AH had an interest.

$350 shipped to a lower 48 address.

IMG_3714 Large.jpeg
IMG_3715 Large.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Do these come in EEE? Or a wide version?

These are standard (D) width. I don't think we're allowed to edit sale posts but maybe a mod can insert that into description?

Is this true to size or run big or small?and are open to any offers?

It's hard for me to say since these are not the normal correct size for me. Opinions seem to vary as to whether Courteneys run true to size/too large/too small. If no one wants these for my asking price, I would consider reasonable offers. I am not really looking for trades though.

Mine ran a little big, I ordered mine from African Sporting Creations and Jim sent me two pairs so I could pick out the best fit. They are quality boots and mine are worn almost every day except when extremely cold and show next to no wear, they are at least 9 years old. Good luck with the sale.

A person’s ad is not the place for this type of comment. GLWS OP
I suppose it all depends on how you interpret it. I was thinking maybe they aren't true to size? Nothing disparaging - I can't imagine it's a quality issue. I've been waiting for a pair to come up for sale in my size and have a legitimate question. Perhaps I didn't phrase it softly enough.

Mine ran a little big, I ordered mine from African Sporting Creations and Jim sent me two pairs so I could pick out the best fit. They are quality boots and mine are worn almost every day except when extremely cold and show next to no wear, they are at least 9 years old. Good luck with the sale.
This would definitely be the only way I would rebuy some Courtney boots or any other boot made in Africa unless I was in Africa to get a proper pair
and that’s probably why you see some up for sale, shipping costs back to Zimbabwe are not worth the hassle

Last edited:
My question is why so many guys end up selling them?
i have tried three pair. The last pair with the insert seemed to do great and they felt good but I just found the D width started to blister my pinky toes on both sides even after 16 miles of break in period and even corn protecters. I finally just had to give up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JWayne

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you