Contact info Request - Andy Hunter - Zimbabwe Dip and Pack

Interesting way to defend your ignorance and your inference of kickbacks is out of line, disrespectful and I have taken it personally.
We are the only company around that still survives without kickbacks which allows us to be this objective and protective of hunters.
You are the epitome of what is wrong with the hunting industry and clearly making it known to the public.
Enough said.

I in no way inferred or implied you are involved with such hyjinx, Robert.

I just realize that your ability to get an answer straight out of Africa is about equal to mine.

The dip/pack services were much more interested in who my PH would be than what the weight of commodities were or whether the species would require special export license efforts. There are few reasons why they need info they asked for and none of them seemed to be about servicing the customer. Nor were they able to provide a price list. It is Monty Hall business it appears over there.

I applaud you for publishing your rates. Just shy of a grand, import of trophies, nuff said, that's the rate. Why can't other elements of the chain publish fixed and variable costs so simply?

I was really biting my tongue to stay out of this but since Andy is not a member, I will communicate for him. Zimbabwe is remote without much infrastructure (as opposedto say, S.A. or other places). The trophy pickup must be done only in daylight travel time as it is unsafe to drive at night under any circumstances. The question of who the P.H. is is extremely relevant as to where and possibly what shape the raw hides maybe in at pickup. My dipand pack is a straight fee for 1 or ten trophys because of the remote location. Your insinuation of a crooked deal because you didn't get a response over a weekend from africa shows you don't understand Zimbabwe. Good luck on your hunt, hope all goes well for you and if you use Andy you will get a quality job.

Thanks. Was really happy with Andy's frank and prompt response. Taxidermist in the states likes him as well. Had no issues in my interaction.

Other firms I spoke to via Skype real time. Rather large firms. They were unable to give answers even when speaking to a live body. Could not even provide order of magnitude estimates which is all I wanted. Is this $1000 or $5000? Couldn't get that answer. Wasn't about to show up at their docks and find out when I'm no longer in a position to negotiate rationally. That's how I ended up with a $17000 african taxidermy bill the last go around. :)

I understand the frustration all too well with dip/pack/taxidermy in Africa. It is hard to get a price on any of this up front and many of us wish for a set price going into the safari. Maybe that is naive on our part but it would be nice. It always cost more than you think it should. I sympathize with rookhawk's concerns.
That said I always try to hire the best people and get out of their way. I sat down with my Zim taxidermist at DSC And asked many questions. I know there are many good importers but I use Coppersmith and trust them 100%. They get my stuff to my Texas taxidermist quickly and efficiently.
Regards,
Philip

Troy, glad you got it worked out with Andy. TCI... yes still hasn't come across to me with what you needed and that is three emails now. They are very wishy washy....they return emails but ask more and more questions that's it. I don't think they have a written price list at all. they will not send one...
Your quote I worked up on your safari Troy...., I know it's better than 80% correct. I' say 90% if you stand on those perimeters on the mounts . I have no issues even tho it takes me hours at night to quote safari's from many members. And there is no guarantee I ever get the work. I spend well over an hour working up a quote for Troy and I don't know if he'll use my studio. I work at least 12 hours on my bench everyday and then quote safari's, answer emails spend 2-4 hours a night on my computer and phone and get paid nothing for it. That's my job ! I don't get every quote only about 1/5 maybe less.
I'm not the taxidermist for anyone looking for cheap work.

K man your safari dip pack from your last trip, as you know TANNED PERFECTLY !
Very impressed if that was Andy's work on dip pack.

Your speaking the truth there dennis. Many of late nights after work doing quotes and the no fun part of my job also. Never had a problem with it as it comes to with the job. I am happy when I get 25% of my quotes anymore. Kind of hard to believe someone would have a problem with someone checking on stuff to. Maybe some hurt feelings a hunter got answers before them.

I completed a safari in Zim on May 26, 2016.
I just received an email from Andy Hunter yesterday that he has my CITES permits for needed animals, and everything else ready to go. Just waiting on the metal tag for my leopard hide and crate with be out the door. I think that level of service speaks for itself.
Great communication all the way through.
5 stars for Andy

Instead of posting a new thread, I try posting here 1st. I noticed you said in the quote they charge 2% on the trophy fees. Why??? In South Africa its a straight dip and pack fee from $90 to $120. There's no additional charge based on trophies fees. Please help verify.

Also, how many dip and packers are there in the Harare area? Recommendations?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
18whlsrolin

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross