Contact info Request - Andy Hunter - Zimbabwe Dip and Pack

rookhawk

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
His website's contact us system isn't working.

Anyone have his email for a quote?

Any other dip/pack services you recommend in Zim?

Yes it is. And in typical African custom, the form does not work and he does not publish his email address on the website. So when his business dries up in six months he'll figure out that his website is broken! :)

Seriously, anyone have his email address? Anyone know a reliable, competent and reasonable Dip/Pack service in Zimbabwe either in Harare, Chinhoyi or Bulawayo?

Totally seriously dude. :eek:

12418967_950799781635560_414804160910670264_o.jpg

Just an FYI.

$650 plus 2% of the Zim trophy fees + shipping for his dip/pack services on a medium size safari. ~5-8 animals

Andy has done 2 shipments for me already and is working on a third. He has always been very thorough and reliable. Has the email worked for you yet?

You called Rosella for quots..... from TCI and Andy Hunter ....... so what's the panic ????????????

Last edited by a moderator:
Brickburn what do you mean ?

Brickburn what do you mean ?

Rob, look at what I quoted! Web sites forms are often made inoperable to stop abuse. :)

Got it !!!!!!

:A Type:

:V Through Screen: :E Crying:
:E Pissed:

Then you get payola!

@roberq I'm good on quotes now. I wanted order of magnitude estimates. TCI is slow because Cuan had to get involved in every detail. If TCI is similar to Andy in price, I'll use them. If high, Andy gets the biz.

It is right to be getting all these quotes and I understand Rosella spent quite a bit of time with you on the phone on Friday. We are in the process of getting quotes from TCI and Andy but why are we doing double the work when your mind is made up? I don't understand what was the purpose of the call when it appears you are handling what we do, yourself. You must be respectful of the country you hunt in with regard to how long it takes to get things done. Zimbabwe is among the more challenging countries but we manage to get things done timely, thanks to people like Andy and Cuan who have both been around a long time in this business with outstanding reputations. We have submitted the request to both TCI and Andy and you were told to give us a couple of days, however, you must not have believed Rosella and decided to put this on the forum. As of now, I will tell Rosella to cancel the quote request since you decided to take matters into your own hands at the same time. You have put us in this position and I just want to say that you have wasted our time.
Robert

Hi Robert,

I apologize if you and Rosella spent time on this. I have a few days before I leave for safari and I do not wish to be a victim of ignorance. I need a plan before I leave.

When I ask for an estimate in a professional sense it is an 80% confidence number. I can give you that level of confidence on most topics, the cost to restore a purdey, cost to deploy an ERP at a Fortune 500, cost to rebuild a 57 Chevy from the ground up. It's nothing more than an estimate at 80% confidence.

When I don't get an 80% confidence estimate within minutes I'm left to question. Is there a kickback, is the process so wrought with inefficiency and waste it cannot be determined, or does the party not know the area of business of which I'm asking.

I got the answers I needed by doing it on my own in 30 minutes out of sheer ignorance because this isn't my business. It appears to be $120-$150 a hide to dip/pack plus freight, crate and shipping. That's enough for me to decide what to leave and what to export for taxidermy here.

It also allows me to negotiate in Africa for taxidermy becaus I'll have a BATNA to letting them do taxidermy, dip and pack as option B.

It also tells me about TCI too. I asked. You asked. Another party asked. No one got a straight answer. So either they are trying to calculate referral kickbacks or they don't know their business well enough to create an instantaneous estimate, or they use a scientific authoritarian management style where no answers can be provided without the director general approving an answer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
majisman

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross