Contact info for Jamy Traut Safaris

mcfar

Reaction score
Hello,

My son and I have our first African safari planned to Namibia with Jamy Traut Safaris. Everything has been flowing smoothly until now. We are scheduled to fly out on Wednesday and I have been emailing Kirsten Lotter throughout the process planning our trip. I have sent 3 emails in the last week with no reply and have called the number listed on his website with no response. Does anyone have direct contact information to Jamy Traut? I'm mildly concerned at this point, it has only taken Kirsten a day or two at most to respond to my questions. Maybe I'm just being a nervous nelly, but I'm concerned something may have happened. I would definitely like to get a final confirmation before we board our flight. Any help, information, or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mitch

Do you have WhatsApp? If not, download the app and try to reach out via WhatsApp. I know during season that is best way to get in touch with PH’s as they are often in the field. Jamy is stand up operation so I would not worry if things were settled prior to radio silence. I know from vast experience that as hunters we often panic when we do not get immediate replies. But we are dealing with Africa and the best advice I can offer is take a deep breath, and just go with the plan. Africa can be frustrating if you do not slow to her pace. Just tread water rather than trying to swing upstream. You will enjoy your trip far greater and sometimes Africa offers her best when you have to go with plan B, C or D. Enjoy your first safari and take pictures of everything, not just successful hunts!

Thanks for the replies, Jamy just got in touch and all is good. Good advice on taking it easy and not being so nervous about things.
You picked a terrific outfit, have a great time.

It’s a huge commitment of finances and mental anticipation put into these trips; so easy to fall into a trap of what if something’s wrong. I started that way, then had this revelation coming home from first trip, that I should be better at going with the flow and it’s definitely changed my whole outlook on things.

I have as many memories of the the circumstances around some safaris as the hunts themselves.

On my second trip, I hunted first for 10 days in SA before going to Namibia for another 3 weeks. Land at the Windhoek airport but we were about an hour late. But there is no police at the firearms desk so I claim my one checked bag and seek out an office. All good,I ask around and the police office is right in the tiny terminal, knock on the door, and we go to do paperwork for rifle. All good, rifles made it, and so has ammo.

But theres no one to pick me up anywhere. And by now its really thin for folks waiting there, like 2 people, and I’ve been there for quite some time between passport entry and dealing with gun permit. Huh? I have a paper copy of dates emailed so I double check and it’s right; but we were late; maybe nearby waiting to come back?

Another hour or so passes sitting in the terminal, and the cop that did the paperwork walks by and says what’s up? And I am thinking I need to get a ride into Windhoek for a hotel, so I chat him up if he knows a trusted cab driver to get me into town.

He lets me use his cell and I call the outfit, and get the PH’s wife, he’s on the way, sit tight. He‘s running REALLY late.

Turns out the hunter he is bring back to airport to leave loses his gun permit AND lock his keys for all 4 padlocks on his gun case in the case. So not only are they frantically tearing his room apart for the paper they are cutting locks and planning on stopping in Windhoek for new locks but it will be late and they have to call ahead so someone at the store can stay open to actually pick them up.

Meanwhile I have a good time talking to this officer and we get something to drink; and I’m hanging out in the police office with 2 more officers that show up. I remember that guy as much as the hunt , what a good dude.

Thanks for the replies, Jamy just got in touch and all is good. Good advice on taking it easy and not being so nervous about things.
Do download the Whatsapp ap on your phone. There is no charge and everyone on the planet uses it except Americans. You can msg, call, and send video and photos. It is how I stay in touch with friends worldwide.

You will have an excellent hunt with Traut and his crew.
Some more background info on communication: some areas they hunt have very limited cell service. The funny part about that is we, as hunters, want the remote experience with no cell service and no people. The only negative is delayed response time when the hunting season is in full swing.
There are multiples of us on AH who can help answer your questions and will gladly do so since we have had excellent experiences with Jamy Traut Safaris. Please PM if we can help.

I’ll be there in September.

Hello,

My son and I have our first African safari planned to Namibia with Jamy Traut Safaris. Everything has been flowing smoothly until now. We are scheduled to fly out on Wednesday and I have been emailing Kirsten Lotter throughout the process planning our trip. I have sent 3 emails in the last week with no reply and have called the number listed on his website with no response. Does anyone have direct contact information to Jamy Traut? I'm mildly concerned at this point, it has only taken Kirsten a day or two at most to respond to my questions. Maybe I'm just being a nervous nelly, but I'm concerned something may have happened. I would definitely like to get a final confirmation before we board our flight. Any help, information, or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mitch
Probably out hunting that’s all. These people have an excellent reputation. No worries!!!

Do download the Whatsapp ap on your phone. There is no charge and everyone on the planet uses it except Americans. You can msg, call, and send video and photos. It is how I stay in touch with friends worldwide.
Thanks, I have done that per your suggestion.

What’s on your list? Can’t wait to hear about your trip.

Central Namibia is the only Africa I have experienced but it was truly amazing hunting and country.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
68ok9

Latest profile posts

A.A. wrote on Msprenger!'s profile.
Are you still looking for a 375 H&H?
NRA Life, ASSRA Life, GGCA Life
Sable @ the lodge this morning

Buffalo encounter this morning!

here with available dates for 2024/25