Connecting through Amsterdam

Fordchn

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I searched the forums but didn't turn up any recent information.
I'm headed to RSA in June, but Delta just canceled my direct flight. We are now connecting through Amsterdam. Reading through old posts, it looks like AMS traditionally confiscates your broadheads. Has anyone been through recently? Is the best option to ship them ahead of time?
There seem to be quite a few horror stories about bowhunters traveling through AMS, and the general consensus is to to avoid it altogether. Thanks for any insights.

The law has not changed, nor will it any time soon.

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO TAKE BROADHEADS THROUGH THE NETHERLANDS. PERIOD.

I have always chosen an alternate route.

I went through Amsterdam in January with a bow. No choice, that's where the flights were working then. I left my broadheads at home and got in touch with my outfitter and found out what he could get in RSA. I had him get me some Slick Trick Magnums in 125, one of my favorite. Done. They may not have quite the selection of the US in RSA but there are others your outfitter can find for you if needed.

I went through Amsterdam with zero issues this way.

I went through Amsterdam in January with a bow. No choice, that's where the flights were working then. I left my broadheads at home and got in touch with my outfitter and found out what he could get in RSA. I had him get me some Slick Trick Magnums in 125, one of my favorite. Done. They may not have quite the selection of the US in RSA but there are others your outfitter can find for you if needed.

I went through Amsterdam with zero issues this way.
Thanks Ryan. I was looking at shipping as well.
Unfortunately I'm stuck with this route with Delta.

Thanks Ryan. I was looking at shipping as well.
Unfortunately I'm stuck with this route with Delta.
Yep, same thing happened with me. So, you make it work. I don't know how fast things ship there so I'd suggest shipping a few weeks prior. If it shows, great. If it gets lost or postponed get your outfitter to pick some up. Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Veronatit

Latest profile posts

ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.
dogcat1 wrote on WAB's profile.
They are yours. Please send your contact info and which pair you want.
Thanks,
Ross
FDP wrote on dogcat1's profile.
Hello, did both follow through with their transactions? If not, I'll take a pair
Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!