Composite cartridges

Cigarette buts are recyclable but have no value.plastic landfill.brass copper lead value.what happened to caseless,or the rocket shells

I see a great hunting cartridge in that list. 308 Win.

Most of the "recyclable" material, does NOT get recycled. The same group of "greenies" who demanded we stop using paper at the grocery, in the name of "recyclable" plastic bags, now want to ban their precious recyclable plastic bags

Plastic, Satan's smegma!
I am a plumber, I am aware of current plumbing technology.
But thank you for correcting what you perceived to be my ignorance.
I bow to the expert.

I have been out of home construction for over 40 years and just know what I see being put into homes that I have been able to go into for other work.

As for spelling, plex, pex, it's all the same to me. Flexible plastic.

JimP, I wasn't trying to be mean about the spelling. I only thought you made a mistake, and would find it humorous. I remember misspelling "dugga boy", "dagga boy"....in one of my postings, previously. ( I still can't remember what the correct slang is, without looking it up on this forum) I'm constantly learning of various English mistakes I have regularly made.

No problem, as long as we know what I was talking about spelling is secondary.

No problem, as long as we know what I was talking about spelling is secondary.
OK, so the corruptifornicators want to ban copper. What do they propose to do with all the copper wire and electrical fittings in buildings, copper bottom cookware, etc? Another brain fart someone came up with before thinking about the consequences.

We all knew that steel shot would cause brown algae when we first heard about it. Most of us would also know that the California lead ban was 'justified' by a scientific report which showed that a particular endangered bird species was suffering from lead poisoning because the birds were munching on batteries and lead paint i.e., the scientists followed SOP and analysed what the birds were eating!

I think composite cartridges are just another anti avenue where they will do away with the military use of brass cases thereby reducing the surplus ammunition and driving the price up again.

I see no advantage to those of us who shoot many rounds and reload. If these cannot be reloaded it could get pricey. I' ve read that they are available to civilians but have no info on price. I think I'll stay with brass, thank you. I haven't bought a factory centerfire round in years, just components.

I'm sure eliminating reloading is a major factor in the push behind this stuff.
They're interested in getting rid of the surplus over runs too. Reloading is definitely a target. What's worse is the ammo companies have gotten accustomed to the panic buying and price elasticity. So the commercial consumer is stuck scrambling for the drips. With the downturn in production due to the great pandemic of cowardice, they really don't have to turn production back up for anything but military contracts. Why make extra ammo that you have to sell cheap? Why make anything that will sit on the shelves? Offset the loss of volume with the increase of unit sale price. After all price is elastic as can be.

Whether or not they sell this stuff to civilians, we aren’t the target audience. To the guy humping ammo for the Ma Deuce, 30% less weight probably looks better than a hot 20 year-old hooker with a cooler full of free beer and box of homemade cookies.

Unless our guys have started policing brass in a combat zone, there’s nothing but upside to leaving behind useless plastic empties.

As far as this being part of some kind of plot to deprive us of reloadable brass, come on. I’m still reloading 45ACP headstamped “WCC45”. Brass isn’t the limiting component: primers and powder are. If you are at the point where you are using homemade black powder and primers rigged from match heads, you aren’t going to be wearing out a lot of brass.

I don't think the reloadable brass is the target. I think cutting the supply is. Shift the ammunition into a form where it's not reloadable and in an environment where reloading components are scarce it becomes moot if the brass is lasting or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EllieBoatm

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross