coated cast bullets?

gajie270

AH senior member
Joined
Feb 4, 2022
Messages
85
Reaction score
182
Media
3
Hunted
America
What experience do you have with coated cast bullets such as ACME bullet company for hunting and target practice?
 
I've just started playing with them this year, only in .458. Mixed results with different rifles. Then hunting season started and the playing has stalled for the moment. Haven't used any on game yet, but that is the plan once I find the right load(s).
Do any of you know how fast you can push these?
 
I've just started playing with them this year, only in .458. Mixed results with different rifles. Then hunting season started and the playing has stalled for the moment. Haven't used any on game yet, but that is the plan once I find the right load(s).
Do any of you know how fast you can push these?

2000 fps should be easily achieved with powder coated bullets that is 14 Brinell hardness and if a gas check is used probably more. I'm getting 1800-2050 fps with traditional lubed cast bullets.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,379
Messages
1,574,611
Members
170,071
Latest member
Ina69N104
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top