Cigarettes question

Chewing tabacy.
@sestoppelman
I still can't understand why y'all chews tabacy. It would taste like shit. If I tried that I would end up like at @Bullthrower338 eating Vegemite. I would be running around for a week kicking my arse to get the taste out of my mouth.

Bob when I was 10 or 11 my dad chewed. One day he held me down in the driveway and forced what seemed like half a can of Skoal into my mouth. He then held my mouth shut till I swallowed a big gulp. Over the next spinning hour I somehow managed to not puke, but wish that I had.
When all this was over he told me that chewing was a bad habit, and that a lot of my friends would start doing it in about a year or two. But chances are that I would never try it after his “lesson”
He was right, ever third boy in middle school chewed tobacco, and I never tried it.
Dad has since quit.

Bob when I was 10 or 11 my dad chewed. One day he held me down in the driveway and forced what seemed like half a can of Skoal into my mouth. He then held my mouth shut till I swallowed a big gulp. Over the next spinning hour I somehow managed to not puke, but wish that I had.
When all this was over he told me that chewing was a bad habit, and that a lot of my friends would start doing it in about a year or two. But chances are that I would never try it after his “lesson”
He was right, ever third boy in middle school chewed tobacco, and I never tried it.
Dad has since quit.
Your dad is a hard man!
When I was about 12 I tried my hand at smoking some of my moms cigs and got sicker than a goat!
She came to my room to see what the matter was, I told her. She laughed loud and long.
I thought that was pretty mean.

Your dad is a hard man!
When I was about 12 I tried my hand at smoking some of my moms cigs and got sicker than a goat!
She came to my room to see what the matter was, I told her. She laughed loud and long.
I thought that was pretty mean.
Not really. But he did not want me chewing.
And today I appreciate it.
I’ve heard of parents that caught their kids smoking and then made them chain smoke a whole pack. I would have puked for sure on that one.

Last edited:
Dont include me in that stuff, I tried it once years ago, Copenhagen, and nearly croaked! Bovril would be preferable!
@sestoppelman
Vegemite is far better than bovril, Marmite or promite. At least Vegemite is Australian not that pommy shit

Curious on this issue because I've read every safari how to book I can find prepping for my first trip next year. Many suggest buying a few cartons of prerolled filter cigarettes to give to camp staff, etc. as many of them smoke hand rolled and appreciate the gesture. Don't smoke myself but was thinking of taking smokes for that reason. Is the info wildly inaccurate, out of date or simply region specific (SA vs Namibia for example)?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SharynSoli

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross