Chokes Loosening

I have had various extended chokes. In all possible metals. None have stayed "tight". They all loosen up. Just remind your self to give them a twist every so often.

I have some flush mount chokes (SS and TI) that never come loose , unless you stick a wrench in and do it yourself.
 
Very fair point. It is abuse that will cause a tube to stick. No lube, add a bit of moisture, and bimetallic systems will weld themselves together. I have seen choke tubes absolutely welded into barrels. However, the owner hadn’t taken them out in years. At that point they had fixed choke guns.
Gotta love Galvanic corrosion.

1729208779997.png


As to chokes being loose, I will only +1 what has already been discussed.
 
Gotta love Galvanic corrosion.

View attachment 641048

As to chokes being loose, I will only +1 what has already been discussed.
@BourbonTrail - based on your Post & chart/graph — I need to go back to College just to understand this thread and YOU are making me feel “inferior” because I’m NOT a Chemist ….just a Hunter…. By the way - have You ever visited the “Bourbon Trail”? My Wife and I considered driving there for a weekend - heard a lot about it.
 
@BourbonTrail - based on your Post & chart/graph — I need to go back to College just to understand this thread and YOU are making me feel “inferior” because I’m NOT a Chemist ….just a Hunter…. By the way - have You ever visited the “Bourbon Trail”? My Wife and I considered driving there for a weekend - heard a lot about it.
I’m not a chemist either, but being an Aerospace Engineer is still probably cheating.

As for visiting the Bourbon Trail, I live there ;).
 
I’m not a chemist either, but being an Aerospace Engineer is still probably cheating.

As for visiting the Bourbon Trail, I live there ;).
@BourbonTrail - So guessing you know a little about hunting & firearms but LOTS about Bourbon!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,388
Messages
1,574,844
Members
170,180
Latest member
gavinbenedict
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top