Chapuis Double Rifle

BrianG

New member
Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
Member of
NRA,SCI,DRSS
Have a question for you guys that have bought used double rifles: There is a used Chapius double in 9.3x74R for sale @ G.I. . I contacted the seller in North Carolina but he doesn't have pictures of regulation targets. Would it be safe to buy a double like that?

Thanks in advance.
 
Unless he could provide pics, I think i would pass. Don't know the pricetag, but, unless it's a hellofadeal, pass. The things I have read about Chapius rifles are about 60-40, more good than not. Just have the guy go out and shoot it, take a picture of the target, and then send the pic to you. At least then you will know if the level of accuracy is within your comfort range.
 
Chapuis are fine rifles, however, I would always shoot a double rifle before buying it.
 
I have fired a couple, both shot well. However, I have to agree with Nyati that I would want to test fire the gun myself. Buying a double based on an photo of a target seems risky.
 
Sometime the best deals on doubles are on the GI site. It would be tough to test fire a gun sold on this venue unless local. If the you find what you want and the price is right I would purchase the gun with the stipulation of a trial period. I have purchased three doubles. Two were from fellow forum members and one from an auction website. I feel that only on the auction site did I take a chance. All three worked out very well. GI is not an auction venue, so I would negotiate the terms prior to purchase.
 
If you cant shoot it send it to a 3rd party for inspection and firing it will cost you a couple $$ usually around $200 but save you a headache later on. JJ at Champlains is good for that.

On a lighter note, all the Chapuis I have shot shot better than adv. 2 470 and 3 9.3x74 all shot better than min of orange at 50 M.

Ed
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,350
Messages
1,573,771
Members
169,849
Latest member
UQWEstella
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top