Case lube

There is a lot of stuff on the net about making your own with Isopropyl alcohol and liquid Lanolin. Also reference to spraying it in a bag and mixing it around. I’ve always done it in reloading tray but looking to avoid problems in future.

Any input appreciated

I am using lanolin+isopropanol, dump the cases in an ice cream tub, give them a couple of shots the lanolinmix and shake around a bit.

Pretty sure the Dillon lube is lanolin and isopropanol.

I have used apt oil treatment. It works about as good as anything.

I too have recently started mixing my own - lanolin and IPA in a large spray bottle.

I deprime, wet tumble, spray with lanolin/IPA, size, wet tumble again with Dawn to cut the lanolin....rinse well with hot water.

I spray my cases with them all standing up, to make sure the inside of the necks get some lube for the expander.

Have probably done about 2,000 cases with this method so far and despite being a bit of work, I like the results.

Plus 1 on Emperial sizeing wax, that's all I use, have been for many years.

For the pod body I use:
lubricante-Redding.jpg

and for the neck I use this:
Lubricante-cuello.jpg

the shoulder will never lubricate it

Last edited by a moderator:
@JLF
Same stuff I use, discovered it after using other brands about 15 years ago. Now i won't use anything else.
Bob
And the good thing about this product
Lubricante-cuello.jpg

is that you can add graphite powder and it still works excellent

Imperial sizing wax. If there's a stuck case it's the operators fault!

Plus 1 on Emperial sizeing wax, that's all I use, have been for many years.

Imperial sizing wax. If there's a stuck case it's the operators fault!
I just ordered some.
People on you tube apply with their finger and thumb, seemed quick, simple and effective.

I just ordered some.
People on you tube apply with their finger and thumb, seemed quick, simple and effective.
@CBH Australia
Chris the Redding stuff couldn't be simpler. A few drops on the pad, roll up to 10 cases at once a quick dunk in the dry neck lube and away you go. I'm still going on my second bottle after 7 years and God knows how many thousands of rounds I've loaded with it so far.
Bob

it is said that nothing is better than lanolin and caster oil mix.
these are also good ingredients to include in bullet lube.
bruce.
@bruce moulds
Castor oil is good for getting other things unstuck as well. Us kids had to line up on Saturday morning for a dose of caster oil and cod liver oil. Things I would rather forget.
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EllieBoatm

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross