Can someone explain the appeal of cigars

Not everyone can take nicotine and there is no shame in that - I am one of them. But the smell of a freshly opened cigar is truly exotic and delicious, before you even light it. Then the smoke itself, not a snout full you understand, just a whif is very appealing. I smoke a little one, or a quarter of a big one, and as soon as a hint of head spin arrives I turf it. But that little bit is wonderful!

Nothing better than a good bourbon and a cigar setting somewhere with good friends and conversation. Only smoke Maduros as the sweetness of the bourbon interplays beautifully with the darkness of the cigar.

I’m not a smoker….however, I will smoke a cigar a few times annually. My go to is an Ashton VSG, something shorter like the Enchantment. No a long smoke. It’s enjoyable. Nothing to get reckless about, just something to enjoy. The Ashtons tend to be softer & smoother. There are more intense smokes out there like the Cohiba variety…. But not for me. To each their own. Same with just about everything.

Nothing better than a good bourbon and a cigar setting somewhere with good friends and conversation. Only smoke Maduros as the sweetness of the bourbon interplays beautifully with the darkness of the cigar.

If you like rye whiskey, it also pairs well with certain cigars. Possibly not a maduro though.

Rye will do as long it gets here in a hurry (Lonesome Dove), but it is not my first choice. I will try anything once though. Woooooh................. What cigar would you suggest?

Rye will do as long it gets here in a hurry (Lonesome Dove), but it is not my first choice. I will try anything once though. Woooooh................. What cigar would you suggest?
Something with medium flavors - woody and nutty. Ashton Cabinet Selection, Monte Platinum, and Monte clasic yellow band would be my first choices

I gave them a try when I was in my early 20s. I love the smell of cigar boxes. I smoked my first cigar while sitting in the turret of a tank pulling guard duty during a pre-deployment exercise in Ft. Polk, Louisiana. My head started spinning so badly that I had to call down to my crewmate and switch guard shifts with him. I tried a few more cigars after that, but I guess it's just not something I care enough about to work through the learning curve.

Thanks. I appreciate the advice. I will have to give those a try and get back to you.

Thanks. I appreciate the advice. I will have to give those a try and get back to you.

If you care to give cigars a whirl, check out the “Would you like a cigar” thread. Lots of great cigar reviews and conversation.

" a woman is only a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke...."
Having quoted that favorite line of mine, I think the only possible non offensive smoke is a pipe.
Cigars and cigs are disgusting and the only thing worse is chewing tobacco on the gross and disgusting scale.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeilaLemie

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg