CAMEROON: Bongo Hunt In Cameroon

This is so wrong on so many levels.

Safe travels and like the rest of the herd, I wish you a great and successful hunt. May your trackers be the yoda of Cameroon. Ask your PH if you can do a zoom call mid week for updates with us . :) Live streaming would be welcomed too . ;) . All the best to you and have a memorable safe trip.

5th Update:
As my PH launches himself in the river to grab the bongo I can’t help but think the freestyle stroke the trackers are using is clearly superior to the breast/dog paddle he is using. That said it was yeoman’s work by the entire team to find and bring this beauty to shore.
46950032_Unknown.JPG

I feel some may not believe parts of this story...and you know who you are...so may I include an action shot to bolster this tale.
46949872_Unknown.JPG

Finally after it was all said in done this beautiful and ancient(estimated at 12-13 years old) was all mine!

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome!!! Congrats!

Wow!! What a story on the recovery! Congrats on the bongo!!

Congrats!!! Even though I’ll never forgive you for the cliffhanger!!

Sounds like an all around great adventure.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

"As my PH launches himself in the river to grab the bongo I can’t help but think the freestyle stroke the trackers are using is clearly superior to the breast/dog paddle he is using."

Well told and delivered good sir... Simply outstanding.

Sounds like tips were earned on this hunt.

Congratulations on the bongo and duikers.

Looking forward to more of your adventures.

Wow, outstanding that you got it recovered! Beautiful trophy! Well earned!

Fantastic bongo, a hunt you won't soon forget. Good luck on the buff.

What a gorgeous trophy! Congrats

What an amazing animal! Congratulations and thanks for sharing the story!

With that cliffhanger (bank hanger?) you left us with, I almost hoped crocs had nailed the lot of you! :LOL:;)

Great bull and better story. Your grandchildren will love it one day, and so will every visitor to your trophy room. Congrats. Now let’s get that buff.

Oh by the way, those lads deserve a generous tip.

Last edited:
Wow! What an adventure! Congrats on a dream bongo!

Before there was "Jake from State Farm", there was "Jim from Mutual of Omaha." Your PH and trackers would rank right up there with Jim.

5th Update:
As my PH launches himself in the river to grab the bongo I can’t help but think the freestyle stroke the trackers are using is clearly superior to the breast/dog paddle he is using. That said it was yeoman’s work by the entire team to find and bring this beauty to shore.
View attachment 405948

I feel some may not believe parts of this story...and you know who you are...so may I include an action shot to bolster this tale.
View attachment 405949

Finally after it was all said in done this beautiful and ancient(estimated at 12-13 years old) was all mine!
That photo in the water is an awesome photo. It captures all the emotions one would go through in that situation. Congratulations on getting your bongo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ga179sale

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you