CAMEROON: Bongo Hunt In Cameroon

This is so wrong on so many levels.
 
Safe travels and like the rest of the herd, I wish you a great and successful hunt. May your trackers be the yoda of Cameroon. Ask your PH if you can do a zoom call mid week for updates with us . :) Live streaming would be welcomed too . ;) . All the best to you and have a memorable safe trip.
 
5th Update:
As my PH launches himself in the river to grab the bongo I can’t help but think the freestyle stroke the trackers are using is clearly superior to the breast/dog paddle he is using. That said it was yeoman’s work by the entire team to find and bring this beauty to shore.
46950032_Unknown.JPG


I feel some may not believe parts of this story...and you know who you are...so may I include an action shot to bolster this tale.
46949872_Unknown.JPG


Finally after it was all said in done this beautiful and ancient(estimated at 12-13 years old) was all mine!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome!!! Congrats!
 
Wow!! What a story on the recovery! Congrats on the bongo!!
 
Congrats!!! Even though I’ll never forgive you for the cliffhanger!!

Sounds like an all around great adventure.
 
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

"As my PH launches himself in the river to grab the bongo I can’t help but think the freestyle stroke the trackers are using is clearly superior to the breast/dog paddle he is using."

Well told and delivered good sir... Simply outstanding.
 
Sounds like tips were earned on this hunt.

Congratulations on the bongo and duikers.

Looking forward to more of your adventures.
 
Wow, outstanding that you got it recovered! Beautiful trophy! Well earned!
 
Fantastic bongo, a hunt you won't soon forget. Good luck on the buff.
 
What a gorgeous trophy! Congrats
 
What an amazing animal! Congratulations and thanks for sharing the story!
 
With that cliffhanger (bank hanger?) you left us with, I almost hoped crocs had nailed the lot of you! :LOL:;)

Great bull and better story. Your grandchildren will love it one day, and so will every visitor to your trophy room. Congrats. Now let’s get that buff.

Oh by the way, those lads deserve a generous tip.
 
Last edited:
Wow! What an adventure! Congrats on a dream bongo!
 
Before there was "Jake from State Farm", there was "Jim from Mutual of Omaha." Your PH and trackers would rank right up there with Jim.

 
5th Update:
As my PH launches himself in the river to grab the bongo I can’t help but think the freestyle stroke the trackers are using is clearly superior to the breast/dog paddle he is using. That said it was yeoman’s work by the entire team to find and bring this beauty to shore.
View attachment 405948

I feel some may not believe parts of this story...and you know who you are...so may I include an action shot to bolster this tale.
View attachment 405949

Finally after it was all said in done this beautiful and ancient(estimated at 12-13 years old) was all mine!
That photo in the water is an awesome photo. It captures all the emotions one would go through in that situation. Congratulations on getting your bongo.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,325
Messages
1,573,085
Members
169,695
Latest member
bbm88dayv
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top