Camera or I-Phone?

Christmas season is upon us. Cameras will be on sale for those on the fence (y)

One of the other nice things about using my phone is editing right there, no downloading needed. Below is two shots of a scenic I took just up the road from the Cape of Good Hope. I straightened it out, intensified the contrast and colors all on my phone. And I could have made it black and white if I wanted. Look up a photo editor app in your app store, download it and start tinkering with it. You've got a long flight there to get used to it too and a long flight back to edit stuff from your trip. A tablet or computer would be a little easier and larger, but again, that phone does amazing stuff and it fits in your pocket.
20180907_103005.jpeg
IMG_20180920_091042.jpeg

So, it seems that unless I spend $1,000+ for a decent camera, my I-Phone 10 is just as good...quality wise, excluding the zoom feature.

This sound about right?

I’m not sure, I take it if photo quality means anything to you at least consider a compact camera with some optical zoom.
I’m taking my wife on my first safari. Sorry Im taking my wife to Africa for our 25 year Wedding Anniversary. She likes to take pics so she is taking a Camera.
I will want to blow up a pic of a Warthog as it is a cull hunt, maybe some others too but Warthogs re cool.
We don’t have a big camera but she will take plenty of pics on a $400 compact. Her new Huawei phone is supposed to be a great camera but I’m sure we will take camera as well.

Another Aussie BenKK has a thread here about a Buffalo with some pics for comparison.

Whatever you do, buy a camera with a proprietary battery. The standard AA drains in less than 5 minutes and I've found camera battery AA aren't a whole lot better

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odoodevelopers

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross