Camera or I-Phone?

One of the other nice things about using my phone is editing right there, no downloading needed. Below is two shots of a scenic I took just up the road from the Cape of Good Hope. I straightened it out, intensified the contrast and colors all on my phone. And I could have made it black and white if I wanted. Look up a photo editor app in your app store, download it and start tinkering with it. You've got a long flight there to get used to it too and a long flight back to edit stuff from your trip. A tablet or computer would be a little easier and larger, but again, that phone does amazing stuff and it fits in your pocket.
20180907_103005.jpeg
IMG_20180920_091042.jpeg
 
So, it seems that unless I spend $1,000+ for a decent camera, my I-Phone 10 is just as good...quality wise, excluding the zoom feature.

This sound about right?

I’m not sure, I take it if photo quality means anything to you at least consider a compact camera with some optical zoom.
I’m taking my wife on my first safari. Sorry Im taking my wife to Africa for our 25 year Wedding Anniversary. She likes to take pics so she is taking a Camera.
I will want to blow up a pic of a Warthog as it is a cull hunt, maybe some others too but Warthogs re cool.
We don’t have a big camera but she will take plenty of pics on a $400 compact. Her new Huawei phone is supposed to be a great camera but I’m sure we will take camera as well.

Another Aussie BenKK has a thread here about a Buffalo with some pics for comparison.
 
Whatever you do, buy a camera with a proprietary battery. The standard AA drains in less than 5 minutes and I've found camera battery AA aren't a whole lot better
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,308
Messages
1,572,392
Members
169,553
Latest member
LeeBennet
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top