Camera for hunting?

there nothing wrong with the picture quality on video mode .......
my lack of stability was the let down
 
my little brother can get us back on the property
with one phone call,
so on ya bike ...............
Oh Brother you got me thinking
 
I just got back from SA with my Sony,,I have to say I'm impressed, with that little Sony. It's light EZ to handle I just set it on Auto Mode and let it go. the colors were beautiful the zoom was Flawless . I didn't get much of a chance to use some of the features like Panorama or Motion Picture . Here something to consider,You won't be the only one using the Camera your PH and your tracker will also be using it while you pose with your trophy also thing tend to pop up and most game won't pose for you and some of the scenery is just spontanous there is little time to set film speed and apeture. I did the tour of the deWildt Cheetah rescue and got a one time face shot of a Cheetah that is so clean I can count the his whiskers.. before my next trip to SA I'll take the time to really investagate the capabilities of this little Point and Shoot

Rob,

I was concerned about how easy it was to use, so (with the daughter's permission as it is her birthday/Christmas/next year's birthday present) I ordered the RX-10 with the already mentioned 30 day money back warranty. All I did was open up the box, put in a memory card, and battery and was taking pictures. The video and zoom were particularly clear. The pics and video were of the family dog as a kudu proxy, so not really worth posting.

I leave for Africa in 6 days, so I will post pics in both the hunt report and this thread for others to see.
 
the sonys don't like water ,mine got a wee bit damp .out samba hunting earlier this week .
and its been sitting above the cumbstion stove since Tuesday night ,
im hoping it will work again after a week drying out ,its not doing anything at the moment .(any hints,fellas?)
if not, im gunna do a rush order on one of them water proof lumnix models .
im in 2 minds about going out and getting another Panasonic lumix fz150 ,but ive already lost one of them in a river .
a fz 200 is the one l really want at the minute .
but its to big ,
every one l know that's got one really loves them .
lots of decisions and only 20 days !!!
 
For the last several years I have been using Nikon coolpix camera's. I say cameras because I have been through several of them in the last 7-8 years. I really liked the photo quality ect but I haven't had much luck keeping them working. SOOO. this year for Father's Day my wife got me Fuji XP. It's waterproof to 10m/33ft and shock proof to 1.5m/5ft. And so far it's taking as good or better pictures than my nikons and is just as easy to operate. It has good zoom, does video and has all the expected settings, timer ect. And it still fits in my shirt pocket. So far I am really happy with it. Hopefully the durability is there but everything I have read says they are a pretty tough little camera. Can't wait to take it on a sea duck hunt this fall and find out what it's really made of.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,308
Messages
1,572,384
Members
169,552
Latest member
Darrel2306
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top