Butt Shell Carrier

Question. Have you had those brass studs hit your face at all?
 
yes, it’s quite nice with the stripes….I will see if I can find some to order. If you have a link that would be great. Thanks for the tip and very nice work. @Red Leg has nearly shamed….I mean convinced me to try the belt route again.
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 8.18.53 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 8.18.53 AM.png
    842.5 KB · Views: 203
yes, it’s quite nice with the stripes….I will see if I can find some to order. If you have a link that would be great. Thanks for the tip and very nice work. @Red Leg has nearly shamed….I mean convinced me to try the belt route again.

I did an ammo belt type thing using a modified butt shell holder slipped on to it. I also had a small pouch on the belt with my cell phone, epi-pen, and a couple other things. A knife could be carried on it as well. That way I didn't have extra weight on my pants belt. I too suffer from noassitis.
 
I did an ammo belt type thing using a modified butt shell holder slipped on to it. I also had a small pouch on the belt with my cell phone, epi-pen, and a couple other things. A knife could be carried on it as well. That way I didn't have extra weight on my pants belt. I too suffer from noassitis.
Let’s see a picture….the ammo belt….not the noassitis.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: CJW
As I often hunt with a Ruger #1 and I use a butt mounted cartridge holder but yours is perhaps the nicest that I have seen. Well done!
 
I would love one of those attached to my rifle. Looks good, well proportioned and easy to mount.

All true, but the cost of owning one like that is what kills you
 
I'm not a fan of stock mounted cartridge carriers, especially for the longer cartridges. However I do appreciate fine leather work. Very nice work, congrats.

As I get older, I also find my self developing Noassatall disease, which can be a problem given the amount of belt mounted stuff I carry. Have you thought of trying a Sam Browne arrangement or even leather suspenders attached to the belt?
I also have been afflicted with the ailment. Even carrying a fairly light handgun would pull my pants down. I got on Amazon and looked under "invisible suspenders." I got a stretchy silicon belt with little bumps on the surface. You wear it between your pants and underwear. Really sticky and no pant slip. Sorry, I don't remember the brand name. I keep a shell carrier, two knives, a pouch for possibles, and shooting sicks on a separate belt. I just strap that on above my regular leather belt, and it all works.
 
I also have been afflicted with the ailment. Even carrying a fairly light handgun would pull my pants down. I got on Amazon and looked under "invisible suspenders." I got a stretchy silicon belt with little bumps on the surface. You wear it between your pants and underwear. Really sticky and no pant slip. Sorry, I don't remember the brand name. I keep a shell carrier, two knives, a pouch for possibles, and shooting sicks on a separate belt. I just strap that on above my regular leather belt, and it all works.
Interesting concept. I’ll check it out
 
Let’s see a picture….the ammo belt….not the noassitis.

Sorry the pics are late. I couldn't find it and I've been working nights. Anyways, the flap is just held down by gravity, no fasteners. It kept the sun off the cartridges and allowed for a quick reload of the rifle if necessary.

I ran a stitch lengthwise along the bottom of the shell loops to keep it from rolling or sliding too much on the belt and just sewed on the canvas cover.

Front closed
20220201_180702.jpg

Open
20220201_180602.jpg

Back closed
20220201_180720.jpg


I had it, and a nylon pouch which held my Epipen, benadryl, phone, wallet and a couple miscellaneous things on a belt that I put on in the morning and only took off for lunch. I didn't carry a knife but that could be slipped on as well. Since it wasn't on my pants belt I never had the problem of them pulling my pants down.
 
@CBeck question for you: The brass buttons are located where a right handed shooter will be placing his cheek on the stock. Is this an issue? They are located low enough where perhaps they don't come into play. The rear one, near the butt pad, might rub a shooter a bit. Comments?

1643761586023.png
 
@CBeck question for you: The brass buttons are located where a right handed shooter will be placing his cheek on the stock. Is this an issue? They are located low enough where perhaps they don't come into play. The rear one, near the butt pad, might rub a shooter a bit. Comments?

View attachment 450212
Well, at least for me front is below my jaw line and the rear I haven’t noticed anywhere around my shoulder. They are round and smooth. Doubt it would bother even if touching my shoulder.

The brass button could always be replaced by a snap or even sew in Velcro
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,358
Messages
1,574,089
Members
169,899
Latest member
AshleighAk
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

jnelson wrote on Jjhog's profile.
might think about getting these bullets to me
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top