Butt Shell Carrier

I thought this one on the Weatherby Vanguard Camilla looked great!;)

1642549739554.jpeg


Seriously though - nice leather work…. I hope it serves you well.
 
well….living in the sunny south US, that’s not even a consideration. I think I had snow 22 years ago. Lol
I see where Tennessee is getting more snow this winter than Chicago! Crazy!
 
Nice work! Neat idea using the brass button studs to secure it. If you are ever interested; there is an equine grade elastic I have found that works quite well for cartridge loops, and looks pretty good on leather.
 
Very
Suffering from Noassatall disease I try to keep my pants and belt as light as possible.

Being a picky SOB I couldn’t find a shell carrier that I liked.….Don‘t like the laces securing most leather models…looks sloppy. Don’t like leather shell loops on most, worried they would stretch. Don‘t like the elastic ones on a wood stocked rifle….etc. etc.

So, making knives and sheaths and having leather to play with, I figured why not make my own cutom fit to my stock.

How do you like to carry your extra ammo?

View attachment 447381
Very nice looking work…
 
Nice work! Neat idea using the brass button studs to secure it. If you are ever interested; there is an equine grade elastic I have found that works quite well for cartridge loops, and looks pretty good on leather.
Yes, I’d love to see what you’ve found and is working well. Your leather work is excellent.
 
Yes, I’d love to see what you’ve found and is working well. Your leather work is excellent.
B5F2C7BE-CFF3-49BB-B3DF-AFE171913E64.jpeg
It’s this stuff. I like the Khaki color with the stripes too. I’ve accidentally left cartridges continuously in some of this stuff for years without it stretching out. Weaver leather sales it but you have to buy by the bulk. There is an outfitter supply shop in Montana that will cut it by the yard but I can’t remember which outfit off hand.
 
I thought this one on the Weatherby Vanguard Camilla looked great!;)

View attachment 447457

Seriously though - nice leather work…. I hope it serves you well.
I think the one that the Weatherby Vanguard is on looks even better...
 
I would love one of those attached to my rifle. Looks good, well proportioned and easy to mount.

You are talking about the ammo carrier right???
 
View attachment 447501It’s this stuff. I like the Khaki color with the stripes too. I’ve accidentally left cartridges continuously in some of this stuff for years without it stretching out. Weaver leather sales it but you have to buy by the bulk. There is an outfitter supply shop in Montana that will cut it by the yard but I can’t remember which outfit off hand.
yes, it’s quite nice with the stripes….I will see if I can find some to order. If you have a link that would be great. Thanks for the tip and very nice work. @Red Leg has nearly shamed….I mean convinced me to try the belt route again.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,286
Messages
1,571,714
Members
169,399
Latest member
JulianePon
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top