Bushbuck thoughts

I'll admit they weren't the tops on my list when I went to the East Cape. But they remind me of whitetail, Here and then gone. My first day hunting my PH set his watch to them. We'd see the ewes about now....Bam, one pops out of the nothing, then another, then more. We'll see some young rams soon. Sure enough. Then later we might see some sneaky old one. And we did, for a moment. The next day I saw a young ram sneak past at maybe 20 yards, there and gone, shortly before my PH found a fine old ram sunning itself that I was able to get. A week or so later I watched another big old ram walk across the road after a ewe and fawn and into the forest in Natures Valley along the coast. He was breath taking. Amazing.
 
Elusive little devils. I put them on a par with kudu or maybe a notch or two higher. Now you see 'em, now you don't and you better be quick. They don't linger. I like chasing springbok but I think bushbuck are more fun and challenging.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,318
Messages
1,572,847
Members
169,628
Latest member
MillaEscob
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top