Bushbuck African Shield Mount

I think a shield would look good with just skulls to. A warthog skull would be a nice one to do.

I can do them smaller and a little bigger depending on what gizmo wants for each mount. He just liked this one and wanted to try one so we could get some feedback from guys.

The base can be a different shape plus the kind of wood used and line work can be made to any ones liking. With some of the ideas he has been doing on other projects the sky is the limits with gizmo I think.

Hey Royal don't you have a plaque with a bunch of little guys on it? How would something like that look, but on this shield?

No, my five are on a pedestal, but I think several little guys could look really cool. I also talked to Erik yesterday about a smaller shield and one little guy. Maybe sitting on a desk or on an end table?

I think a shield would look good with just skulls to. A warthog skull would be a nice one to do.

I can do them smaller and a little bigger depending on what gizmo wants for each mount. He just liked this one and wanted to try one so we could get some feedback from guys.

The base can be a different shape plus the kind of wood used and line work can be made to any ones liking. With some of the ideas he has been doing on other projects the sky is the limits with gizmo I think.

Agree Bill. A pig would look great and so would a beest of any kind I think. Lots of stuff that can be done with this.

Bill;
It will be interesting to see what other stuff you guys come up with. The more authentic the better in my mind.

@gizmo Did you use a standard shoulder mount form for that bushbuck or did you modify the angle to adjust for mounting it on that slight slope of the shield vs. a vertical wall?

I'm wondering how that shield might work to put a bunch of small critters done as shoulder mounts on it?
Actually Bob that is a shop bushbuck that was mounted in Africa 20 years or so ago the guy brought that and a Dama Dik Dik for repairs and died :confused:, sooooo we've had them every since as none of the family wanted them.

Actually Bob that is a shop bushbuck that was mounted in Africa 20 years or so ago the guy brought that and a Dama Dik Dik for repairs and died :confused:, sooooo we've had them every since as none of the family wanted them.

Sorry to hear of the clients death but relieved to hear you did not mount that bushbuck because I think the idea of using a handmade shield is cool but think the poor taxidermy of the bushbuck is not a good representative of what you're shop can produce

Sorry to hear of the clients death but relieved to hear you did not mount that bushbuck because I think the idea of using a handmade shield is cool but think the poor taxidermy of the bushbuck is not a good representative of what you're shop can produce
Yes sir, I understand your point but I seem to have a shortage of African animals laying around the shop as most clients want theirs pretty readily after they are finished so I have to "wing it" at times for displays and proof of concepts.

I am however hoping to make it back to Africa in 2018 to get a few of animals which I will mount for the shop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeannaStro

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,