Bullets for 450/400 3"

I've heard that being thinner walled one should avoid brass bullets, or definitely the harder ones in a double. Chris definitely banned them for my Verney. So for the 450/400 I need a 'soft solid' if you get my drift.
Peregrines are copper with driving bands. So the main bullet rides in the bore with only the driving bands engaging the rifling. There are brass peregrines but I don't use those. Craig Van Zyl uses the copper peregrines in his 500 NE- Verney Carron ?
 
Im a diehard A-frame believer in both my 470 and 450-400 and their new solid is assume
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,396
Messages
1,574,994
Members
170,209
Latest member
SheenaShin
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top