Building a do it all .22lr

The CZ's are great rifles and I almost bought one, but flipped a coin and bought a Tikka instead. Another great rifle that would most likely meet the criteria laid out above. Very accurate, handy and has heft.
I bought the Tikka also, accurate as hell and a trigger that seems to have been missed by lawyers because it is excellent as is. Try this with your Tikka, shoot a group with your most accurate ammo, pull the stock and remove the spacer in front of the receiver, reassemble and shoot a group again.
 
So, far, CZ is moving away from rifle production. Rimfire could possibly keep the quality in foreseeable future, but judging by the trend they are setting, it is not promissing. (CZ is becoming IPSC pistol company, and investor)
Bottom line, in that circumstances, Tikka is good choice.
 
96F3D499-7274-44AE-B9DF-1AB7447C1DA3.jpeg

i just bought this CZ 457 Varmint precision and interested to see how it compares to the 452’s and the Tikka. Not something I would normally buy in a RF rifle but.... damn auctions.
 
My Tikka T1X 20" gets used every range trip. Mostly from the sticks on a 6" swinger at 100 meters and the club's 12" gong at 165 Yards.

Add a 30 MOA rail, a scope you can dial, (target turrets), and it's good to 225 yards with decent ammo. (Federal Auto Match in my case). And 325 on a really calm day (and a bigger target).

An old 22 match shooter I get tips from is fond of CZs - and has several.
 
Thanks, but I will stick with this Winchester M61 that my grand son is shooting in the picture.



This rifle has won many turkey shoots, killed many prairie dogs, brought many cotton tails to the dinner table, killed many barn rats, and punctured innumerable old metal cans and helped train some kids to shoot.
I know it too well to desert it now.
Besides, I already have rifles to shoot running pigs, boars and sows.
 

Attachments

  • 53184_600x400.jpg
    53184_600x400.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 125

Forum statistics

Threads
70,363
Messages
1,574,241
Members
169,984
Latest member
RalphWilkinsua
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top