Buffalo Species

Thank you Mr. Ahrenberg for sharing your experience. That sounds like quite the trip. I don't know if you have posted pictures of them on here yet but I know for one I'd love to see them. I'm kind of getting it sorted now, I've tried to find what information I can online about all of these animals and think that I can finally tell the general difference between the western savanna and the central savanna varieties. The eastern savanna still eludes me but I'm guessing it more closely resembles the Nile buffalo than it would any of the others. I believe when a couple of us can agree that we have a solid list I'll post pictures and description of a standard looking animal next to each listing so that anyone is curious will have an idea what they are looking for.

Mr. Ahrenberg was my father. I'm Steve. I will go take a picture in my trophy room this weekend and post it up.

Here are the two buffalo from CAR. The left one is as mature as the right one, just different. Its not a full "Forest Dwarf" but all agreed its a crossbreed. It was smaller in body and very red in color. The phone picture is terrible and its hard to tell just how red it is.
IMG_3133.JPG

The only one I can think of not already mentioned is the Wild Tibetan Yak.
Scientific name: Bos mutus

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickolasAr

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg