Brussel Sprouts recipes

Do you eat Brussel Sprouts

• Total voters
pour 1 cup of red wine in a pan along with 2 tbsp of olive oil, 2 minced cloves of garlic, and 4 tbsp of finely chopped onions..

bring to a simmer...

chop 3 cups of Brussel sprouts and place them in the pan.. cook on medium heat for 10 minutes...

let cool for 10 minutes...

then throw that shit in the trash.. and drink the rest of the wine...

:)

Brussel sprouts are nasty!

my two favorites--
In a heated pan, diced up bacon and minced onion with garlic until bacon is cooked, placed sliced in half Brussel Sprouts, and season with soy sauce--as they turn bright green, float the sprouts in beef stock and place in oven to finish roasted when they turn your favorite color!

Place sliced brussel sprouts on parchment paper, using olive oil and soy sauce to coat the sprouts, adding your favorite spices. Roast in the oven until you have achieved the color you desire.

When you boil them there is a sulfur taste that I cannot stand...

Ok, I'm looking for Brussel Sprout recipes.

I was recently given some farm fresh Baby Brussel Sprouts by @jcinsa who grows them commercially.

I was not a fan of them as a kid. My wife says my mother probably boiled them too long.

I steamed some with my other steamed veg. My wife said roast some with the veg in the oven, just add them later. I did that as well.

I was going to write a book 101 ways to cook Brussel Sprouts to support our Brussel Sprout farmers but I'm only up to 2 ways to cook these at the moment.
I was abused by this devil vegetable as a kid and avoided them for 30 years with good cause. It is now my favorite.

cut the stem off, cut them in half vertically. Toss them in EVOO and sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Throw some bacon bits in and drizzle balsamic vinegar. Roast them until crispy with leaves falling off.

Enjoy guests delight when they realize they aren’t always boiled with a skunk musk.

It’s always good when the Brussels sprouts bring a friend.

218A5835-7A21-4A6B-A01E-7D58F5ABDC8E.png

Last edited by a moderator:
There are a lot of reference to Bacon here
A lot of people sauteing with Balsamic and one suggests Soy.

I'm going to buy some more and try new things.

My wife will have no problem adding more Bacon to the menu and also likes Balsamic.

I cut Brussel Sprouts in half then marinate with soy and balsamic vinegar then place them face down around a rubbed pork roast in a dutch oven for 45 minutes at 350 degrees then 15 minutes with the top off. Mmm...

First, wash and cut Brussel sprouts in half.

In a saucepan of boiling water, cook for 8-10 minutes.

While cooking the Brussel Spouts, sauté a sweet yellow onion ( Vidalia type or other sweet yellow onion) in bacon fat, until onions turn clear, but not browned.

Drain steamed Brussel Spouts, add to a roasting pan the Brussel sprouts, sauteed onions, a quality ( expensive) balsamic vinegar, enough to coat every thing, and salt and pepper.

Roast at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes, stirring a couple of times.

Make sure you are getting good caramelization of the batch.

Ovens vary. A lot. You may need to roast at 400-425 degrees.

I hate just plain steamed Brussel Sprouts, but in this recipe I eat the hell out of them.
That's getting nearly Saucier, but we like it!!! lol Chef from Apocalpyse Now would've know this!!

I’ve tried. I really have tried them cooked in every way imaginable, and I’ve come to a few conclusions.

1) There aren’t many people on the fence, some like them, some just don’t. My truck is parked in the latter lot.

2) They seem to have a bad rep for a reason. Anytime you have to hide the flavor behind bacon and other things, it’s probably not worth the effort if you don’t care for the taste in the first place.

3) There are just too many other things I like better so I don’t burn daylight on more attempts. ;)

4) I kinda wish I did like them, they have some benefits.

People just have different tastes…except bacon, everyone likes bacon. :Drool:

Roast them in the oven with other veggies like carrots, onions, garlic, turnis, etc. All coated with itailian dressing.

Or pan sauté them with garlic, balsamic vinegar, chilli flakes, and some bacon.

:A Thumbs Up:

I like them roasted, like all the other sprout connoisseurs, but I like mine with an over easy egg, or two, on top. Especially with bacon, my “healthy” breakfast.

They should be cooked EXACTLY according to the recipe used for cooking Guineafowl, You know the one where it is tied to a brick...

My late dad had a saying about pumpkin which can equally apply to brussel sprouts as well: If you are prone to eating them then you're probably prone to stealing as well! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MckinleySv

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.