Brno ZKK-602 in 458 win mag new to me and some questions regarding it...

Was the PH involved at that moment when the rifle failed??? Or were things settled by the time the rifle let go?? I desperately want one in 375 myself. My other 375HH was a Winchester controlled round feed. I let that go awhile back and want to replace it.

The only reason I was thinking Lott was feeding issues should they arise. They haven’t yet though and generally if they are going to be present they will appear right away in my experience. The WM has no flies on it. Alaska again in august (provided the Covid thing is remedied) and it would make a great companion there albeit a tad heavy. Last year I brought my **NOT**PERMITTED** Scout in 308. Felt kinda... under gunned. When you have seen the bears and your hiking through the brush just a couple hours later you sometimes feel like you are toting around a nerf gun.
What is a NOT PERMITTED scout? Did you type the not permitted or is it a rifle not allowed to be mentioned here?

2200 fps is where I am shooting my Lott with 500 gr, or just a hair over. What powder are you using with the woodleighs to get that? I don't find the recoil too objectionable at 2100-2230. Not sure over that, and not sure I need over that.

Omg! It won’t let me type the name of the rifle... wtf... ruger.../// scout... ///rifle...

I have no idea what’s going on with not being able to type that information. I’m in the US not North Korea.

H4895, with federal magnum primer. My chronograph says 1988fps to 2001fps at 500ft above sea level.

Ha!!! I’m surprised you can too! I really don’t know why it won’t allow me to say what the rifle is. I’m befuddled.

I was getting nice velocities out of my 458 Win magnum, and recoil wasn't as bad as I was expecting so I ordered the Lott as well. I just find with more stout loads if I don't hang on with my right hand the trigger guard will whap my middle finger a bit. I have been battling bad tennis elbow for a while so strength isn't where it should be.

Hmmm. Tennis elbow is not conducive to good shooting with big bores! I find the recoil to be most acceptable until I get to 600 and then things get ... interesting. Not a fan of monster recoil to achieve nothing greater on the business end. To me it’s about essentially, economy of motion, if one can translate that to a DG rifle!

Yeah I only shoot offhand or off sticks with rifles bigger than 375, they are my hunting guns,, and I shoot off sticks when hunting.

I'm a little confused as to how the cartridge discharged in the magazine. With firing the rifle would move rearward. Cartridges not held tightly in the magazine would have their own inertia, which would mean that the rifle is moving past them. Relative to the rifle the cartridges are moving forward, potentially banging the points into the front of the magazine. As the rifle's rearward movement slows with the recoil being absorbed the cartridges would then tend to move rearward relative to the rifle but it would seem that the difference in forces would be much less and spread over more time. So, as noted I'm not understanding how a cartridge that is a quarter inch shorter than the magazine well could be fired as a result of the rifle firing, particularly if the primer is seated flush or lower than the cartridge base and the magazine wall is smooth.

Ray- I’d never seen anything like that before either. Your reasoning makes sense. Almost makes one think it would have had to “bounce” off its nose then travel to the rear and still have enough kinetic energy to set off the primer.

Machinist, I use sticks also. Most of the time anyway. Thought they might help you as far as getting whacked in the finger. I do shoot off hand as well though. For me, I find I can soak up recoil better without the sticks over 458 levels anyway because I can roll better. But, I have a buddy who feels just the opposite soooooo... lol.

I too recently picked up a BRNO 602 in 458 Win Mag. Only a few shots through her so far but lots of fun!! Need to work out how to import a 3 position safety and curved trigger blade from AHR and rebed the sucker!!

SRvet, Nice! I really love mine even though I've only had a short while. What year is yours? Pics? I actually like the safety and the blade trigger. Maybe I am weird but I like how different it is from other triggers I have and I really like how smooth this one is. I have heard that some are not that hot but mine I have to admit is excellent. I am one of those strange folks that likes the originality of an item and tend to not modify it unless there is an issue with the way that it works... then all bets are off! Now, mind you, my stock and lack of barrel band for the front of the sling... that could be another story. I am going to run mine for a bit as is and maybe I will change things up in those areas in the future. This is my first BRNO and from what I can see it will not be my last. Congrats! Like I said, pics please!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross