Brno ZKK-602 in 458 win mag new to me and some questions regarding it...

Wade J VanGinkel

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Interesting also that he harps on the safety being on the wrong side for a right hander, in the case of the "BRUNO" and the Mark X. I dont get that. A right hander wants his safety where it can be used with the shooting hand, not the off hand. Where would it be better placed? Odd...
I have 1 rifle with the safety on the opposite side. It's only a .22 lr so very small action. Once you get used to it is actually quite effective. Right under your thumb as the rifle comes up.
That said it's the only one I've ever seen.
20201130_050450.jpeg

sestoppelman

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
My thumb would not reach that without shifting my grip, which isnt required when its on the tang or the right side.

Dr. Crack

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA
I would strongly advice to rechamber to .458 Lott, not because there is something wrong with .458Win. but the trouble is that the cartridges slam around in that cavernous magazine. On mine the 5th round detonated in the magazine when I fired round 4..the primer touched a small dent in the rear of the magazine...bullet went up and broke the (solid steel) mag. follower, cracked the stock and bent the magazine...luckily no harm done to me.. I have heard of similar episodes so not unique to me..

But otherwise splendid rifles....I have one in .375H&H and the former is becoming a .500 Jeffery..

View attachment 376659
Than God for crossbolts or the action might have given you a craniotomy.

Milan

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Alberta, RSA
I have 1 rifle with the safety on the opposite side. It's only a .22 lr so very small action. Once you get used to it is actually quite effective. Right under your thumb as the rifle comes up.
That said it's the only one I've ever seen. View attachment 377563
Also Brno 21/22 rifles have safety on the LH side of the shroud. My thumb seems to be right there when getting ready to fire so it seems to make sense to me to have safety in that location. But it's all about fit and muscle memory. Shooting many different setups, makes me forget which is which sometimes and makes for interesting times. I immediately want to sell everything but one design so that does not happen, LOL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RaulVeal63

Latest profile posts

Rifle57 wrote on Rimshot's profile.
I bought some bullets from Rimshot and he is good to trade with!
Greetings all! I've been a hunter for 50 years, but only now planning a trip to Africa. I was fortunate and successfully bid on a couple hunts for plains game in SA later this year and next. Also a rare Native Texas (5th generation) and USMC Vet. Hunt safe y'all!
uujm wrote on trg's profile.
I am looking for a Safari Express. Was yours made in New Haven or South Carolina? Any other details you can give me? I am very motivated to buy.
pimes wrote on flatwater bill's profile.
Hello Bill - can you tell me that landowner/ranch/outfitter - Thank you!
Pete0905 wrote on damundsen87's profile.
Hello
Is the Khales 1-6 still for sale?
Thanks
Josh