Bringing empty brass to RSA?

Albert GRANT

AH elite
Joined
Mar 6, 2016
Messages
1,605
Reaction score
1,973
Location
Maine
Media
55
Hunting reports
Africa
2
Hunted
RSA, Canada, Ireland
Is there any issue with bringing empty brass to South Africa for your PH if he reloads? Brass can be expensive over there and I thought I could haul some with me if I manage to make it back, if there is no problems with it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: BWH
Brass are no problem, a forum member is bringing Martini Henry brass and a re-loading dies set for me end of April...(y)(y)
 
Thanks, I didn't think there would be an issue, but I always check when it comes to anything gun related first.
 
  • Like
Reactions: BWH
Good question! Never been asked to bring brass but would do so if asked!
 
I am currently busy with the assistance of the rifle owner to permanently export a 1871/84 Black Powder Mauser to South Africa. All forms/processes seems straight forward...I think the difficulty comes when you try to permanently export new rifles /more than one rifle to other countries....then other regulations will apply..this permanent exportation( once) is straight forward.....even from my side , the South African side permanent importation forms is straight forward.....(y)(y)
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,439
Messages
1,576,380
Members
170,567
Latest member
MitziHicks
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top