Bowhunting Elephant

Well, in fact....poacher caught has hunted an Elephant with a spear....:cool:Not to be condoned--but it has been done.

6a0120a7fc3be9970b01761711ddef970c.jpg

Well, in fact....poacher caught has hunted an Elephant with a spear....:cool:Not to be condoned--but it has been done.

View attachment 387605
Pigmy's have killed many elephants with their spear. How it was done. A pigmy would locate a herd and wait until one ventured off a way. He would rub elephant feases all over his body in order to disguise his human sent. Then after beening prepared, would wait for the lone elephant to reach up into a tree for branches/leaves to eat. At that monent the pigmy would run from his hiding place, to uo under the elephant and job it in the belly with his spear. The elephant would then rear up from the pain caused from the spear point. At that moment the pigmy would put the butt end of his spear to the ground. When the elephant came back down to its feet, the spear blade would be pushed way up inside of the chest cavity. The pigmy would run away zig zagging left and right in order to avoid being killed, until which time the elephant would give up. Then often the elephant would head for a stream or water hole to try and cool its self off from the burning feeling inside. Once there and dranking gallons upon gallons of water with no relief. The elephant lies down to try and cool itself that way. Once down the elephant never gets back up. It either dies of loss of breathe and blood or drowns.
So spear hunting is nothing new. Same goes for snares in Africa. Jerry Hill

NEED SOME BACKSTORY INFO PLEASE.
Howard Hill 1950

1. Could this headshot in the first picture be the [only?] killing shot?
  2. What type of arrowhead and bow poundage would he be using for this hunt?
  3. How close does he need to be to achieve that arrow angle in the skull?

1. The two arrows on the two photos does not look to be the same length?[tusks also seems then to be of 2 different elephants hunted with a traditional bow?]
Thanks
View attachment 223174 View attachment 223175
Theirs a video on you t be of a guy taking an ele with a crossbow

Yeah, that's kind of the same boat i'm in as well. Elephant have been hunted for years, for better or worse, with a variety of methods. I may be in the minority but i say hunt as you want like the olden days. Today, hunt within the. laws of the area you're in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieRiggs

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross