Boris Johnson ditches the trophy ban pledge

That is very good news, let's hope it sticks.

You must merely shake your head in disbelief on the ‘over the top verbiage & framingof hunters from - the hypocritical ignorant.

“ … toughest laws in the World to stop hunters from importing gruesome souvenirs from their kills such as Lion Heads & Zebra Skins.”

“It would condemn perhaps thousands of animals to being murdered by sadistic psychopath Brits who get their kicks from killing them.

Huh, probably drafted those words while wiping greasy beef & gravy from a Cottage Pie off his chin, completely ignoring what occurs on the slaughterhouse floor OR that beef cows hide tanned to leather to make his wife’s fancy hand bag.

They reason the “pressure on parliament because of the war” for the abrupt turn around, yet Biden still doesn’t think it prudent to turn on our own oil pumps to negate the threat to the economy. Common sense has indeed left DC…or what remained anyway.

A temporary victory, let’s hope it leads to positive outcome.

I think it is also a call for UK hunting organisations to become more proactive in permanent positive presentation of international selective trophy hunting and conservation to UK public. I have a feeling they were caught by surprise by media attacks when the anti hunting campaign started.

Boris listed his favorite food as the Turkish meat dish Doner Kebabs. Said it is very healthy. Used it extensively in his weight loss program. (That weight loss program cost the British taxpayer 100 million "pounds".) He wasn't a vegan...at least not then. Hopefully, he knows where kebabs come from. Boris Johnson was not the worst American citizen we could have sent to the UK. Still, I apologize to all my UK friends for dumping him off on you....................FWB

I took a few moments over breakfast to read about Johnson, after the comments on here about him having been a U.S. citizen. (I hadn't previously known that)

My goodness! I would not have thought a hairstyle like that would play well with the ladies. Boy was I wrong. All these wasted years and what I should have been doing was growing my hair out and standing in front of a shop fan. Kinda wonder when he finds time to govern. :unsure:

You must merely shake your head in disbelief on the ‘over the top verbiage & framingof hunters from - the hypocritical ignorant.

“ … toughest laws in the World to stop hunters from importing gruesome souvenirs from their kills such as Lion Heads & Zebra Skins.”

“It would condemn perhaps thousands of animals to being murdered by sadistic psychopath Brits who get their kicks from killing them.

Huh, probably drafted those words while wiping greasy beef & gravy from a Cottage Pie off his chin, completely ignoring what occurs on the slaughterhouse floor OR that beef cows hide tanned to leather to make his wife’s fancy hand bag.
...likely his gruesome husband's fancy bag.

Good news about ditching the Trophy Ban.

No surprise here that Boris Johnson likes kebab, he may have been born in the US, but his great grandfather was Ali Kemal, a turkish journalist who immigrated to the UK.

He later returned to Turkey, became Interior Minister, and was assassinated.

Interesting life story !

This is good news, but let's not kid ourselves. No one has changed their minds or been converted. According to the Mirror (I can't call it a newspaper), the proposed law has been dropped because there isn't time to get it passed due to the situation in the Ukraine.

This will come back. Those who would characterize hunters - carrying on an activity since man and his ancestors first walked the earth - as sadists and psychopaths - won't go away quietly. These people would see the animals extinct rather than hunted. There's no reasoning with those who hold such views.

I would be tempted to bescumber them all, were I not too polite.

Sadly guys do not count your chickens on this one, read this

BBC News - Government says it remains committed to banning hunting trophies

Ask yourselves do you think the mirror and times articles were run so as to get the animal rights activists to chase MP's to push this agenda? Rest assured the prime minister and his animal rights activist wife will make sure there is time to push this through!

As I write this there is a bit of a genuine crisis happening in Eastern Europe, which is having world wide consequences, in the UK we are just about to descend into one of the worst cost of living crisis to face ordinary families for forty plus years. Cost of energy and road fuel the highest price its ever been!

Yet virtue signalling UK politicians are focusing on animal rights issues, we even have a "Animal sentience bill" being pushed through at the moment!

I'm not making light of the situation in Eastern Europe and the issues of monumental energy prices and consequent effects on food production, you'd think some politicians would wake up and smell the coffee!!!!

Mark-Hunter kindly asked will UK hunting organisations now band together and act on campaigning positively on this issue, sadly they are all so divided not likely to happen.

Guys let this be a lesson to you that your hunting organisations need to be really on the case about this, remember UK animal rights activists want to ban all hunting and all firearms ownership be that in the UK or abroad!!!

@Novice Huntress

Thanks for giving some feedback.
UK after Brexit is special case. (maybe less influential to continental Europe?)

thus I dont know if UK hunting organisation(s) are members of FACE (European organisation for hunting and conservation).

However, few years ago FACE started initiative for hunting to be recognized as European cultural heritage. On which, some of national hunting organisations responded.

Under this initiative our own national hunting organisation has pushed to govt administrative system and managed to get hunting listed as national cultural heritage.
(And legalized and registered cultural heritage cannot be banned)

So, to get to the point, one method of tackling this issue may be doing similar thing through your hunting organisations? To do the similar thing, especially if they are member of FACE - which I dont know?

There are many things that my national hunting organisation could do (much) better, and a lot of place for improvement, but this one they got really right. Maybe it is one of possible actions to consider.

Hi Mark-Hunter,

Thanks for the information you provided, I will look to see if there is still any link with FACE.

Here is a link to what was set up last year,

As you can see this is set up to support game shooting, obviously you will see they are keen to challenge Wild Justice's constant court actions.

Sadly in the UK hunting and shooting sports are struggling with their public perception, when you go to Jagd and Hund it is apparent that there is a far better attitude to hunting / shooting in Europe.

Not a easy situation to turn round, I just hope our organisations get on board with what they have to do?

@Novice Huntress
Thanks!

Germany is a good example you mentioned.

I went through the link, and certainly is positive action.

I suppose that next step would be to involve wild fowling, deer management and pest control in this initiative.
And in final step, to involve various shooting sports organisations. (although, I know that at this point it may seem as wishful thinking on my side)

But, in similar situation and on gun laws in my country, we all miss (by all I mean - hunting and sport shooting organisations) a unified voice of reason towards the legislature, and an organisation such as American NRA is good example of national organisation lobbying for all types of shooting sports. Apparently it is the only way.

The latest Field Sports Britain Episode 642 just made note that this legislation is on the "back burner" and has not been ditched.

Here's my rude reply to the crappy Mirror article, in the helpful CSM, friend of all fieldsports....its time we took the war to the urban jellyheads. The CSM is involved in a defamation case against Packham, another of the most outspoken animal right (AR) ARsouls.

....everyone should thank the UK government for dropping the bill, just to add to the pressure to drop it. In the meantime, other sources say it has been kicked up the road to avoid a fuss, since public emotional opinion demands a ban, but reality shows it will have a bad effect on remote communities and will therefore be susceptible to a human rights/scientific challenge in court..

In the meantime, have a happy smile on me...... you should enjoy it

Well there is also a storm brewing in the Netherlands. We are anxiously waiting for a report from the University of Wageningen. From information from inside our national hunting organisation the report is devastating.

The advice, after a lot of cherry picking with information, from the report seems to be a total ban on our game species.

On all fronts we are engaged in getting the real story and information to our minister but it will be a fierce battle.

Just a couple of weeks ago the court in Utrecht decided to take away the legal ground for hunting the fox. This will likely be overturned in the next months but it seems the antis are stepping it up a notch.

Without being too farty and philosophical about it, we humans live in a cave called civilisation, filled with the first rule of nurture "sharing and fair exchange without violence" that give us our civilised ethics and morals, and our human rights.
Outside, in nature, there are no rules - no good, bad or morals - things kill each other all day long. There are no "animal rights". Rights are indoor human things.
Our cave looks like the letter "C" - Hunters, the military and people in primary industries cluster on the right, ready to go out of the open doorway and get the resources necessary to nurture us in the cave. Hence the interests of the political right. The problem is, on the right, we all look to the right, out of the cave, and don't watch our backs.
We are being stabbed in the back by those on the left, inside the cave, who are civilised and they use the resources brought in by the right in order to feed, nurture and reproduce us humans. They are deeply domesticated, and can't even imagine what it is to be a predator outdoors in nature, so they just see hunting as uncivilised and cruel, applying the indoor rules of civilisation. When they go outside, they just see green Gaia.
But they own much of the media space inside the cave. The longer they enjoy peace and plenty, the more civilised they become. You'll notice starving refugees don't do "animal rights" - it's a disease of easy living, on by too many resources brought in by the right.
Its time we turned round for once and kicked them up the tradesman's entrance so they stop biting the hand that feeds them.
Hunters get a big rush when hunting because they become predators, and are fulfilling the fundamental male evolutionary principle (whether they physically have a plug or socket). Civilisation is the female principle. But it can go too far, destroy the right and starve us all to death.
Hence the rage. Hunters have to stop arguing between themselves and attend to the threat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg