Bold Willy Wagtail

Dr Ray

AH legend
Joined
Apr 1, 2017
Messages
4,298
Reaction score
6,534
Location
Cairns, Australia
Media
53
Articles
5
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
7
Member of
Sporting Shooters Association of Australia + CRM Gunsports (Cairns)
Australian native bird.

In case I was bored the “boss” had me raking up what she calls “native apples”.
Along came Willy - a very trusting little bird waiting for
IMG_2077.JPG
me to clear some areas so he/she could look for something tasty.
IMG_2078.JPG


Mind you Baz 500 reckons that 375 and below are only suitable for shooting water rats and crows!
Lovely to see out native birds.
One came to me at around 6 inches away if that as I was picking these “apples”.
 
Noce pics Ray.
It is great when the supposedly wild creatures come within trusting distance. We have a little bird here (the fantail) that is similarily trusting and will flit round you with complete ease.
 
Here in Canada we have a bird called a Grey Jay. But locally they're known as Whiskey Jacks. They are very tame, gentle birds and I have often coaxed one to land on my hand for a piece of food. That never gets old. I once guided an older fellow from North Carolina on a whitetail hunt. One day while we were in the bush, we stopped to eat our sandwiches. Pretty soon we had a half dozen Whiskey Jacks in the trees around us. I held out a piece of bread and one flew down, landed on my hand and ate it. Well my hunter was blown away. He asked if he could try so I could take a picture of him for his wife. I don't think he ate much of his lunch that day! Other than getting his buck, that was the highlight of his trip!

Grey Jay.jpg
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,272
Messages
1,571,235
Members
169,280
Latest member
JackieMund
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top