Bobcat catching Heron mid-flight

Randy F

AH legend
Joined
Apr 27, 2020
Messages
3,822
Reaction score
25,812
Location
Wisconsin
Media
40
Articles
5
Hunting reports
Africa
1
USA/Canada
1
Hunted
US and South Africa
Big cats = impressed every time.




Bobcat-Heron-800x420.jpg
 
once in a lifetime Photo, thanks for sharing!
 
Looking at the shadow of the heron's neck and head on it's left wing. Color me skeptical. Although I would love to see this actually happen. I think at that point the heron would be trying to stab the hell out of that bobcat.
 
Looking at the shadow of the heron's neck and head on it's left wing. Color me skeptical. Although I would love to see this actually happen. I think at that point the heron would be trying to stab the hell out of that bobcat.
I was skeptic at first too but then in the article there is another pic of the cat on the bank prior to the leap so… :E Shrug: I guess I’ll give it the benefit of the doubt.
 
There's a few fish pond owners around here that would like to borrow that cat for a while.
I understand. I have a trout stream running the length of my property that a heron harassed all last summer.

I’m firing up my grill this summer.

Disclaimer: The above statements are in no way related.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,284
Messages
1,570,598
Members
168,913
Latest member
JanaHollwa
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top