Blaser R8 in .375 H&H Magnum

Congratulations! Was it in stock or on back order? What is the quoted delivery time? I am considering an R8 Professional with .375 H&H and .223 barrels.
They had everything I ordered in stock. Shipping on Monday or Tuesday. So I expect to have it by next weekend. I shopped all the big Blaser dealers I know of on price and these guys were the lowest.

Great guys at Cove Creek. A real pleasure to do business with those guys.

Congratulations on the new additions. Drop a few pics when they arrive.

I am considering a Blaser R8 in .375 H&H Magnum (with a .223 for more practice). I have never shot that heavy of a caliber rifle. A .300 wing mag is biggest I have shot and didn’t particularly care for it. My regular deer gun is a .30-06 in a Winchester m70. Perfectly comfortable to me.

my concern with the Blaser is it seems relatively light in weight. Those with the .375 do you have the semi weighted barrel? The available recoil reducer?

thanks
I’ve shot with the Blaser recoil reducer but worked my way out of it. You can see me shoot it off sticks in my new video on the Blaser shooting sticks. It’s is really nothing off sticks and manageable off the bench. Remember shooting from a bench you should use a shoulder pad, you are shooting for accuracy not to be macho!

I’ve shot with the Blaser recoil reducer but worked my way out of it. You can see me shoot it off sticks in my new video on the Blaser shooting sticks. It’s is really nothing off sticks and manageable off the bench. Remember shooting from a bench you should use a shoulder pad, you are shooting for accuracy not to be macho!
Agree on the removal of the kickstop for the 375. It will take some time and practice, but you will get there. This is a video of me shooting my R8 that weighs 7.75#, and I'm 70" and 160#.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/AdSHfPBxk5A6fUXY6

Plus taking out the kickstop to shoot the 223REM and 300WM, then putting it back in will be a PITA...or you will just end up buying another stock. :cool:

I find the recoil reducer in my kids’ R8’s to balance the rifle nicely. I don’t have one in the Ultimate stock (but I do have the padded recoil device that comes with it.)

I agree that installing and removing the recoil reducer will be a PITA. I would start with it, though.

Picked up my R8 professional success today. Will get the scopes mounted and hopefully sighted tomorrow. First impressions without having shot it yet:

nothing pretty about it but definitely gives off the vibe of precision German engineering

trigger is great

ergonomics of the pro success stock are very nice

glad I didn’t go with the semi weight barrel (like i said I haven’t fired it yet though) because the gun is not light. 10 pounds 2 oz unloaded with scope and the recoil reducer

Props to cove creek. Ordered last Friday and had the whole package in 7 calendar days

Congratulations. Good thing you are not in CA, your ten day waiting period would just be starting. :E Laugh:
Before I moved from there in '89 it was only three days. What happened? Inflation I guess? LOL

I mentioned earlier i was a little concerned about the recoil of the .375 H&H having not shot a rifle bigger than .300 win mag up to this point. I fired 9 rounds of 300 grain Federal power shocks. I fired the first 6 without a scope mounted using the iron sights and off of sticks and 3 more with the scope mounted off sticks after I bore sighted it. Not to zero the scope, just to check eye relief and see if I would get a nice kiss (I did not but was overly cautious and need to move the scope back a bit). The recoil is definitely stout but manageable. I wouldn’t want to quickly burn through a box shooting it in a t shirt at the range. Ordered a past shoulder pad for practice. Honestly less recoil than I expected and didn’t feel noticeable worse than a lighter weight .300 win mag.

I mentioned earlier i was a little concerned about the recoil of the .375 H&H having not shot a rifle bigger than .300 win mag up to this point. I fired 9 rounds of 300 grain Federal power shocks. I fired the first 6 without a scope mounted using the iron sights and off of sticks and 3 more with the scope mounted off sticks after I bore sighted it. Not to zero the scope, just to check eye relief and see if I would get a nice kiss (I did not but was overly cautious and need to move the scope back a bit). The recoil is definitely stout but manageable. I wouldn’t want to quickly burn through a box shooting it in a t shirt at the range. Ordered a past shoulder pad for practice. Honestly less recoil than I expected and didn’t feel noticeable worse than a lighter weight .300 win mag.
Glad to hear you are adjusting. Take your time and work up slowly. Don't forget about doing dry fire drills.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg