Blaser 505 Gibbs

R8 is produced by Blaser in 500 Jeffery but not 505 Gibbs. Not sure any of the bolt heads are big enough to handle the Gibbs even if a custom barrel was made. I believe the largest is for 338 lapua which is based off the 416 Rigby case.
 
505 gibbs is a very impressive cartridge. Not too bad to shoot. The looks of it gets your attention.
Krish.
 
They are supposed to be delivered this afternoon - Jeff>
 
R8 is produced by Blaser in 500 Jeffery but not 505 Gibbs. Not sure any of the bolt heads are big enough to handle the Gibbs even if a custom barrel was made. I believe the largest is for 338 lapua which is based off the 416 Rigby case.
.590 is as big as I have seen for the R8 (338LM) 505 is .640.
 
I don’t recall any R8’s in the Gibbs primarily because the bolt system is too small . They have opted for the smaller yet marginally more powerful Jeff500.
 
No. The action isn’t big enough.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,435
Messages
1,576,124
Members
170,518
Latest member
LamarKovac
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top