Blaser 375 w/suppressor

gearguywb

AH fanatic
Joined
Dec 11, 2023
Messages
511
Reaction score
1,226
Location
KC
Media
12
Articles
1
Hunting reports
Africa
3
USA/Canada
2
Hunted
S. Africa, Namibia, Alaska, Germany
Has anyone had their 375 R8 barrel threaded, and used a suppressor? Thoughts?

Just kicking ideas around....
 
Not a Blaser, but an H&H. Works great.
 
Have this setup for my wife and it greatly reduces the recoil.

HH
 
The Blaser platform would be the right one to do it on, with current suppressor technology it could be done in a relatively compact package.
 
Looks like Blaser makes a threaded 375 HH barrel, I'd sell the standard and buy the threaded....I'd be apprehensive about have someone else thread a Blaser barrel.
 
Looks like Blaser makes a threaded 375 HH barrel, I'd sell the standard and buy the threaded....I'd be apprehensive about have someone else thread a Blaser barrel.
Why? I've had numerous blaser barrels threaded. Blaser USA does it out of Texas but quite expensive. Had Unknown Munitions thread two for my kids last year.
 
Tip did a barrel for me as well. Good work and fairly quick turnaround time
 
Intriguing. Did he add a shoulder?

Depending on how your suppressor is attached it may not matter, just curious

Also, may I ask the length of the finished barrel?
Here are some pics for you with the thread protector on it.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0129.jpeg
    IMG_0129.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0128.jpeg
    IMG_0128.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 65
I just tried a supressor on my Gunwerks Skuhl in 375 Ruger and it was awesome.

The supressor is a Dead Air Primal and my rifle has a 21” barrel.

The supressor cut the recoil to 30-06 level. It was also quiet enough to shoot with no hearing pro and no ringing ears.

I have been thinking real hard about getting a 375 H&H barrel for my R8 in a semi-weight contour then having it cut down to 20” and threaded 5/8” at Mag-Na-Port. They did three R8 barrels for me and all turned out great.

I could also go with a std weight but then I would be at 9/16” and have to change the rear end of my Primal around.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,283
Messages
1,571,670
Members
169,393
Latest member
MindaF074
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top