Black or Blue Wildebeest

I thought wildebeest were hideous beasts and they certainly weren't on my trophy lost. Then I actually went to Africa and fell in love with the Blue Wildebeest I saw. One offered himself to me and he'll be here as a European mount and flatskin next month. In fact, the only "must have" animal on my trophy list for 2015 is now a Black Wildebeest.

9 months and counting for my first SA safari. I am trying to decide which type of Wildebeest to hunt. For some reason, one which I have not figured out why, I think the black wildebeest is what I will go with. It is just one homely sad looking critter with a face only a mother could love. I would like to shoot one of each, but alas my wallet is not big enough to do both. Do both the blue and the black inhabit the same types of terrain/areas? Are they both fairly common in South Africa? Is one more of a challenge than the other? Does one make a better looking mount than the other? The price is the same for both. Any comments or opinions would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Kirk

it depends where you are hunting , the blue wildebeest is one of my favorite species to hunt,often referred to as the poor mans buffalo

When I go..... I think I'll choose BOTH!!!!! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chandaokelle05

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg