Black Mamba

It’s a snake reason enough.
Live stock,dogs and kids all reason to kill them
And when you’re out in the bush, livestock, dogs and kids are not present so those reasons are not valid, except around camp. We do kill venomous snakes right around camp, but not when out hunting away from camp.
 
Rock python is on game list in Cameroon. Does anybody have a mounted python?

Burmese python is pest to be removed from Florida.
Did anybody mount Burmese python? Can we have some pics?

Any snake mounts available to see?
 
@TR. you might have a hard time finding a PH to do a mamba hunt. One thing goes wrong and the PH or you go home in a box. What’s the point? What’s there to prove? Mambas are lightning quick and one of the more temperamental snakes. I had the misfortune to be just a few feet from one in November 2023 in Tanzania when it rose up and don’t wish to see one so close again. Mombas are often found not too far from termite mounds because they often nest inside the mound. Had a boomslang just above my head and neck on a tree branch in Mozambique in 2013 and that was almost as bad. I guess if you have a death wish, to each his own but you might not find a PH willing to try. Mark Sullivan might be someone to ask! :LOL: :A Stirring:
 
At 48:00, you can see a PH killing a black mamba with a 12 gauge, and it seems he finishes it off with a .22 lr.

I don't think there are many guys who like to have black mambas around their house/farm. I knew one who lost a lot of dogs, and a few livestocks as well, because of snakes. He loves to see secretary birds walking around his farm in the big plain, because they do the job and once, when he discovered a nest near to his farm, he was over the moon.
 
I see nothing wrong with hunting a black mamba for sport. I could think of some cool ways to mount one as a trophy!

I also have nothing against snakes and even used to keep them as pets, both non-venomous and venomous. You would be surprised at how docile they can get once they are thoroughly used to being around people.
 
Rock python is on game list in Cameroon. Does anybody have a mounted python?

Burmese python is pest to be removed from Florida.
Did anybody mount Burmese python? Can we have some pics?

Any snake mounts available to see?
Not mine !

IMG_9598.jpeg

IMG_9596.jpeg

IMG_9597.jpeg


I have a Reticulated Python skin a bit over 16ft I got in Sumatra when I was Tiger hunting as a young fella.
 
Last edited:
Looks great, although I think my wife would not like that on the wall at home!
 
I got in Sumatra when I was Tiger hunting as a young fella.
Make separate report on this! This is your moral obligation to this forum!!!!!
 
In 2015 I was in Zim.That hunting season was very special about mamba sighting ...in my hunting camp I mean...
One night I was in my lodge and I have just got a shower .I was for rest on my bed and I have just pulled down my mosquito net upon me ,when a black mamba just entered, did start to puffing and hìtting between the two beds on my lodge.I felt as if the hell 's cages had been opened !!It s impossible ,neither in the worst nightmare ,immagine the speed of this snake in a closer space while has trying to get a micky mouse or a lizard.I did can see its shadow only which flying in any directions in my lodge under my bed too!!
I have hunted buffalo with Ian Gibson arriving to half meter from it,followed wounded leopard in the night in the thick bush,hunted tuskless elephant and P.A.C elephant in the night ,sought hippo running under our 13 feet boat to lake kariba,but over here we are talking about another matter...U are risking a serious heart stroke,I swear!So...if I was gone upon my mosquito net 10 second later maybe I was died 50 times .In Italy we say...BETTER LUCKY THEN RICH...Several day later,another black mamba ,while I was going to get my diner,did move at one feet of range from my hunting boot keep going easy and stopping several meter longer as I have stop my self.!Another day, camp's boys ,have sought a huge black mamba on relax under my preferred chair!!!To the end , a third blacky ,has been killed by our cook with a single stone ,at one meter of distance from our camp's kitchen!It was been the black mamba's special season surely!
I have seen puff adder very close our feet and a cobra falling from a tree at closer but I repeate...other animal other matter...
Good luck friends
 
Sorry for my english ,... A MISTAKE...I did mean which another black mamba has been seen under my "preferred"chair while it was in relaxing roundly position...
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,265
Messages
1,571,025
Members
169,236
Latest member
ClydeRicke
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top