Black Bear outfits here in the States...

@johnnyblues - thought of an outfitter up near where my in-laws used to live in MT - Swan Mountain Outfitters (at the edge of Flathead Valley - near Kalispell). They're about 3500 for a 5-day. Their gallery looks like maybe a couple in the 300# range, and lots of color variation. @Montana Rifle Company might be able to shed some light on them.

Clark Fork Outfitters in Idaho

Clark Fork Outfitters in Idaho
Reviving a dead thread because next Spring, my youngest will be done with all of his pilot training and will be able to put in for some leave time.

My son and I would both prefer spot and stalk. I'm finding more than a few deals in the 5500-6000 range for the pair of us and a 5 day hunt, 1 bear each. Does that sound about right?

Following as I am also in the market for a bear hunt but I'm leaning toward a hound deal.

If considering New Mexico then go for:

Funny thing I realized when I pulled the web site up for the link. The bear that is pictured on the main page is the one I took some years ago.

1625415217545.png

1625415251471.png

1625415286234.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-05 at 9.30.20 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-05 at 9.30.20 AM.png
    5.5 MB · Views: 86
You can come hunt in Idaho. Hunt with Reggear outfitters . Hes all hounds and 100% last several years.

Shot this one on the ground He wouldn't tree.
DSC00715.JPG

Wifes Bear
IMG_0372.JPG

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 2.50.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 2.50.20 PM.png
    6.3 MB · Views: 88
  • Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 2.50.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-06 at 2.50.24 PM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 90
You can come hunt in Idaho. Hunt with Reggear outfitters . Hes all hounds and 100% last several years.

Shot this one on the ground He wouldn't tree.
View attachment 411086

Wifes Bear
View attachment 411085

my son and I are definitely about the spot and stalk. thanks for the info. may have found a place near Noxon right next to the ID border.

Try b Bar c in Idaho. Two bear limit and lots of color phase bears. Baited , hounds or a combo hunt. They have a great place in Maine too. That is called Russell pond outfitters. I never went to their place in Idaho but went to Maine three times with them. Had a great time and killed bears every time. Lots of repeat customers that told me to go to Idaho if I wanted color phase. A few years later I ended up going to Alberta and found a cinnamon bear .

Try b Bar c in Idaho. Two bear limit and lots of color phase bears. Baited , hounds or a combo hunt. They have a great place in Maine too. That is called Russell pond outfitters. I never went to their place in Idaho but went to Maine three times with them. Had a great time and killed bears every time. Lots of repeat customers that told me to go to Idaho if I wanted color phase. A few years later I ended up going to Alberta and found a cinnamon bear .
Russell pond has a good reputation. Tyler Kelly camps in Allagash is also a great bear outfit.

being a southerner and lowlander and all...

looking for sleeping bag and boot recommendations

I have a pair of these LaCrosse 18" with thinsulate, but guessing these won't work very well in the mountains.
1630114291288.png

Being 6'6", I'm looking for a long bag

Check out Apex Outfitters in Utah. High percentage of color phase and excellent numbers currenty. Can’t speak for the price

Check out Apex Outfitters in Utah. High percentage of color phase and excellent numbers currenty. Can’t speak for the price
Thank you, I have already put down a deposit with Ridgerunners Outfitters in central ID.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RooseveltM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg