Black Bear Hunt Recommendations

If you want to combine a good spot/stalk black bear hunt from a boat in SE Alaska on Kuiu and Kupreanof Islands with wolf hunting, fishing, crab pot fishing, shrimp pot fishing and whale viewing, I recommend Dale Adams of Adams Alaskan Safaris. My son and I both killed 7’ beautiful black bears with 20”+ skulls with Dale. Send me a PM if you want his info. He will also be at DSC this weekend. Dale is an awesome guy and great storyteller. He’s was a Board Member of APHA for a long time.

Sean Lingl. Hunted with him last June. Total pro. No BS. Has tremendous area.

Mikes outfitting in Alberta saw probably 35 to 40 bears in the 4 days I hunted. Took two big p&y bears.

Alberta spring black bear spot and stalk Trent Packham Whitecourt Alberta, Groat creek outfighters you will see nice bears.780 779 5280 if you want to go to AK Knik glaciers Bron Kopsak there is no one better!

You can talk to Frank at Omineca Outfitters in British Columbia. I guided for them years ago. All spot and stalk. you can do 2 bears in BC. Baiting illegal. They routinely take bears over 7ft every year as well as color phase.

British Columbia has a lot to offer a black bear hunter and US$ goes a LONG way in Kanada these days.

Newfoundland should be a real consideration as well good prices and two tags instead of one.
Bear is frequently an add on with moose. All members always saw bears, and I saw a monster which I passed on (didnt have my moose yet) His head looked like a beer keg, legs stumps. I have a 300 lber at home and have seen several others, but this one was twice that size. He didnt know what we were....likely had never seen a human before.

I have a summer home, actually a little log shack in Northern BC. I don’t hunt bears there, but the population is very high around Burns Lake - Smithers. Two years ago, in June I encountered 23 bears in 24 hours without actually looking for them. I hunt bears at home in Saskatchewan, and would estimate the BC bear population density at four or five times what we have.

100% BC. I have a buddy who hunted there and it's basically "take your pick." I don't have an outfitter. I know he went with a friend he is close with in the salmon distribution business. My buddy is a fish monger. However, there are tons. If I don't take one in NJ in the next few years, BC would be where I would I go.

I have a summer home, actually a little log shack in Northern BC. I don’t hunt bears there, but the population is very high around Burns Lake - Smithers. Two years ago, in June I encountered 23 bears in 24 hours without actually looking for them. I hunt bears at home in Saskatchewan, and would estimate the BC bear population density at four or five times what we have.
I work in that area. sick with bears. gorgeous golden brown hanging out in the cutblocks just south of the Burns airport all summer. saw him most mornings. The Nadina burn is starting to brush in nicely and the bears are moving back in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickolasAr

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg