AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Hunted
NZ
Recently a few friends got together and held a fun shoot. The weather was quite windy so I didn't film as much as last year.
Luckily I was on the camera so you don't see me miss all balloons with my 404 jeff, that will teach me for not firing the rifle for a year!
A few smaller bores snuck in, they'll be back with a big bore next year!

Looks like a lot of fun! That one balloon was a real menace lol

If you were a bit closer I might take my 400 Lee Speed for a visit

Thanks for sharing

That had to be a fun day .

It was a great day. We did a few other things I didn't video.
4 shots on a target at 50yds, standing off the sticks.
Standing, freehand single shot at a clay pigeon. Start at 20 yds, move back 10 yds until you miss.
100yds off the sticks, shooting at a frypan.
215yds shooting at a steel plate. Most shot prone.

What was the distance on the furthest balloon in the video? Were there any time limits for either of the shots? Scopes or open sights?

What was the distance on the furthest balloon in the video? Were there any time limits for either of the shots? Scopes or open sights?

The balloons were at 50, 40 30 & 20 yds. All but my rifle were scoped. No time limits, just shoot as fast as you are comfortable. First shot off the sticks, rest freehand.
If you were getting real serious and wanted to make a competition I would do 5 points per balloon, -5 points for a miss. Divide total points by time taken (bit like an IPSC match).

Not to take your thread but a local sportsman club used to have a polar bear shoot it was a cardboard cutout of a polar bear standing up faceing you. Any rifle could be used as long as it was over .323 caliber. It was off hand scopes were allowed. They held it for many until a buddy I work with won it two years in a row with a flintlock and open sights, first time he showed up they laughed at him until he won the second time he won they quit having it. And it was held in the dead of winter just to make it realistic.
Shooting in that shoot I got to try my first big bores and have been a fan since.

Sounds fun, I'm going to try my hand at being an artist over the summer and paint up some animal targets. I'll try and set them up so you walk through the course shooting freehand at the targets as you see them.

great practice
and a great idea

the more you shoot the big bores the better you get

The polar bear shoot was 100 yards.
And was set up that you stood on very uneven ground to make it more difficult.

What a hoot. Good times...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaI60135

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!