BFR 454 Casull

The BFR is heavily built for regular use of heavy hunting loads.
For a walk-around revolver for snake shot you might like a Ruger Super Blackhawk in 4 5/8 or 5.5".
This would save about a pound on the hip.
Another nice option is the S&W 69. It would handle snake loads and lighter 44 mag/ 44 special loads and weighs about 1.5 pounds less than the BFR.
 
i own 5 Fa’s and 4 bfr’s and 6 srh’s. All have been great revolvers. All very accurate. All my fa’s are bug hole accurate. Furthest shots for me were 154 with the bfr 460. 168 with fa454 on a fallow deer. My son shot a blesbok offhand at 234 with a sw 460. The rugers needed trigger jobs 2 fa’s needed trigger jobs and 2?bfrs did. All tougher than they need to be
 
i own 5 Fa’s and 4 bfr’s and 6 srh’s. All have been great revolvers. All very accurate. All my fa’s are bug hole accurate. Furthest shots for me were 154 with the bfr 460. 168 with fa454 on a fallow deer. My son shot a blesbok offhand at 234 with a sw 460. The rugers needed trigger jobs 2 fa’s needed trigger jobs and 2?bfrs did. All tougher than they need to be

No such thing as being to tough.

Too Big
Too Bulky
Too Heavy
Too Light
Too Small
Too Hard of trigger pull
Too Many anything else

But never Too Tough.

JMO
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,293
Messages
1,571,934
Members
169,469
Latest member
LupeMcConn
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top