Lifetime bronze benefactor
Platinum supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
I am so disappointed. I have a new computer Quickload brand new and cannot get it to work no matter what I do. No phone number for customer service for QuickLoad. I just wasted $175. Beware. I would not buy it again

I am so disappointed. I have a new computer Quickload brand new and cannot get it to work no matter what I do. No phone number for customer service for QuickLoad. I just wasted $175. Beware. I would not buy it again

What is it doing, or not doing? What OS are you running it on? Is it W7 64 bit, or 32 bit (all W10 is 64 bit)? Is it the correct version of QL for that OS? Bear in mind that there are some pretty significant differences between W10 and W7. Most software will run fine on either, but some will only run on one or the other.

Looks like it was built for the windows 7 operating system you may have to give the program permission to run with administrator privileges to get it to work.

hard to say for sure what the issue is without playing with it. ( I don’t work for them or with them I have just run into similar issues with other programs)

Looks like it was built for the windows 7 operating system you may have to give the program permission to run with administrator privileges to get it to work.

hard to say for sure what the issue is without playing with it. ( I don’t work for them or with them I have just run into similar issues with other programs)
If this is the case, all that needs to be done is run QL in Windows 7 compatibility mode; this assumes the OP has a W10 or 8/8.1 PC, of course.

What is the exact issue? What kind on an error are you getting? I use QL on two computers running 64bit Win 10.

I ran it on one laptop with W7 and now on another with W10 with zero issues, version .3.9.

This is what you should have and the powder/bullet upgrade is this:

Q: I’m having some serious technical issues not addressed above – what can I do?
  1. For technical issues that are not addressed above OR in the QuickLOAD/QuickTARGET user manual (we trust you’ve read it), email us at mailto: sales@neconos.com or mailto:info@neconos.com and we’ll forward to Renee who should be able to help. It will be a Gmail address. You may also check out the YouTube videos created by other users.
Full help page here:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-28 at 8.54.58 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-28 at 8.54.58 AM.png
    524.3 KB · Views: 64
What is it doing, or not doing? What OS are you running it on? Is it W7 64 bit, or 32 bit (all W10 is 64 bit)? Is it the correct version of QL for that OS? Bear in mind that there are some pretty significant differences between W10 and W7. Most software will run fine on either, but some will only run on one or the other.
@sgt zim
What you just said is above my pay grade. I got lost after is it W7.
The joys of being technically challenged

@sgt zim
I've been doing it for a while. Took my first programming class in 1986 back when everything was still done by command line interface, not graphical user interface like most stuff is now.

I still use command line tools heavily in my job. It allows me to automate the stupid, boring crap that is tedious and prone to error. And is light years faster than working with graphical interfaces to the same data.

@sgt zim
Don't worry, Bob. Even some of us younger folks don't understand the technobabble.

And I watch Star Trek so I hear a LOT of technobabble.

It is quite simple to figure out.

When you downloaded the program did it say that it was for Windows 7, 8, or 10?

I believe that Win 7 was a 32 bit system where Win 8 and 10 are 64 bit systems. Some programs will work in both 32 and 64 but not all.

So if you go back to where you got the download for Quick Load from you need to make sure that it says that it will work on Windows 7

I’m working with their guru but no solution yet. Will keep you posted

It is quite simple to figure out.

When you downloaded the program did it say that it was for Windows 7, 8, or 10?

I believe that Win 7 was a 32 bit system where Win 8 and 10 are 64 bit systems. Some programs will work in both 32 and 64 but not all.

So if you go back to where you got the download for Quick Load from you need to make sure that it says that it will work on Windows 7
Windows 7 came in both 32- and 64-bit flavors

Windows 7 came in both 32- and 64-bit flavors

I have seen a couple of Win 7 that were 64 bit but not too many, but that doesn't prove anything.

I ran into the 32 vs 64 bit stuff when I got my Win 10 laptop. I had a number of programs that I had been running on my old XP machine and when I tried to get them to work on the new Win 10 it just gave me that one finger salute.

My biggest problem was that I couldn't find those programs to run on the Win 10 machine so I ended up picking up a old XP laptop off of Fleabay for a few bucks. I treat that computer like gold just to keep it running.

I have seen a couple of Win 7 that were 64 bit but not too many, but that doesn't prove anything.

I ran into the 32 vs 64 bit stuff when I got my Win 10 laptop. I had a number of programs that I had been running on my old XP machine and when I tried to get them to work on the new Win 10 it just gave me that one finger salute.

My biggest problem was that I couldn't find those programs to run on the Win 10 machine so I ended up picking up a old XP laptop off of Fleabay for a few bucks. I treat that computer like gold just to keep it running.
I hope you don't ever have it connected to the internet. XP is a hacker's wet dream come true. The last time MS released a patch for it was in 2017. Before that, it was probably around 2010, maybe 2008. 99.999% of patches released are to address security gaps. The bad guys are continuously discovering new vulnerabilities, or exploiting existing ones for which there are no patches. You will have to take the word of a guy who defends during his day job, and attacks for spending money in the evenings and the weekends. I love it when I run across an XP or Windows 2000 machine. Makes my attack job a lot easier, and a lot more profitable.

AFAIK, all Win7 that are Pro/Enterprise or similar are 64 bit. Home edition was the only one I know of that was 32-bit.

I've been doing it for a while. Took my first programming class in 1986 back when everything was still done by command line interface, not graphical user interface like most stuff is now.

I still use command line tools heavily in my job. It allows me to automate the stupid, boring crap that is tedious and prone to error. And is light years faster than working with graphical interfaces to the same data.
@sgt zim
I did a bit of programming back in 81 with Fortran, pascal and Cobol.
The computer was the size of a big room. It was an IBM PDP1145 then they upgraded to the 1170..
We used the old perforated paper that was sprocket fed out of the box.
Boy did I get in the shit when I wrote a program the printed a picture of Fred Flintshire on an endless loop.
You can imagine what the computer room looked like with 20 printers and continually printing with 20 FULL boxes of paper.
The last straw was when I hacked the system and submitted my lecturers work as an assignment. The Muppet didn't recognise it and held it up to the class and told them it was the biggest load of garbage he had seen. I agree with him and told him it was his work.
I then hacked the system again and killed every file he hand then rewrote the access code to the payroll and changed his pay rate to 1 cent an hour.
Needless to say I was politely asked to leave.
That was a lifetime ago and now the most basic smart phone has Moe power than those old IBMs
Bo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ModestaHac

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg