Best weeks to hunt Limpopo in the Spring?

Jeffrey Masters

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
SA, Mexico, Lower 48, Alaska
Planning a trip to South Africa next year. We have chosen our guide, and are now trying to decide on dates. My work requires me to be home no later than the 10th of May. Any suggestions on dates to look at? The guide suggested last week in May, but since that isn't possible, would last of April/first of May be productive?

Thanks all!

Jeff

Planning a trip to South Africa next year. We have chosen our guide, and are now trying to decide on dates. My work requires me to be home no later than the 10th of May. Any suggestions on dates to look at? The guide suggested last week in May, but since that isn't possible, would last of April/first of May be productive?

Thanks all!

Jeff

I'll be able to tell you in about three weeks. Leave a week from today, back on 5 May. Looks like the weather is cooling off considerably from a couple weeks ago. Highs expected in low 70s (F) and lows in mid-low 50s.

BTW, I think it's our spring but autumn in SA?

I would tell you pick the latest dates you can to go. You will be find end of april in to may. Bush will be thick but you may just catch the start of the rut for a few of the animals.

Its Africa!!! Go when you can. Having said that my work limits my dates to a degree too. Like mentioned above later would be better to try and catch the start of the rut. I also look at the moon phase and prefer to stay away from the full moon if I can. A good PH in a good area is going to get you on animals and you'll have a blast. Bruce

Its Africa!!! Go when you can. Having said that my work limits my dates to a degree too. Like mentioned above later would be better to try and catch the start of the rut. I also look at the moon phase and prefer to stay away from the full moon if I can. A good PH in a good area is going to get you on animals and you'll have a blast. Bruce

+1

Their Spring is actually in September/October.

Their Spring is actually in September/October.

Thanks all!

Jeff
I do understand that our spring is their fall.

I figured, but I could not resist. :V Butt Kick:
So what are your thoughts....Early May versus late May in Limpopo? Will two weeks make a tremendous difference?

Check out the moon... work around the full moon if your trip allows..... if not, go anyway! F' it man.... you're hunting Africa. It will be badass!!!

I can let you know in a couple of weeks how middle to late April is in the Limpopo. Leaving tomorrow and will be back on the 27th.

My first trip to Africa was second week of April of 2012 to Aldays in Limpopo. The bush was green and the spiders where out, but all was good. Got 6 animals in 7 days of hunting. Couldn't really complain about that.

We went the 20-27 of April

Cool mornings, 78-82 high
Perfect for those blue sky pics!!!

We will go the same time next trip.

IMG_1584.JPG

IMG_1888.JPG

IMG_1641.JPG

IMG_2030.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyBelai

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross